Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my first Ridgid tool. Lifetime warranty???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first Ridgid tool. Lifetime warranty???

Its a Ridgid 12V 12V Lithium-Ion Fuego Drill. Looks very cute. Has some power behind it too for such a little tool. Just used it today. I must say Iam very impresed.

I used to be a very big fan of DeWalt but experianced some problems with their warranty and decided to switch to the Ridgid brand of tools instead.

I guess sooner or later I will find out if the lifetime warranty for the Ridgid cordless tools is actualy worth buying the tool?

I am just actually currious if anyone has actually exchanged their battery and actually received a new one under the lifetime warranty?

regards.
    Konrad

Re: Just bought my first Ridgid tool. Lifetime warranty???

Use the Search feature at the top of the page and do a search for Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. All the information you need to know about signing up for this program will be found in the threads that come up. You MUST sign up for this program in order to receive the free service and batteries down the road. The standard Ridgid warranty is not a lifetime warranty.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've had mine for almost a year now. I really like it. The trigger just started giving me issues...working intermittantly. I don't recall if I registered mine, but I took it to Home Depot. They have to send it to a repair center but they require you to authorize up to $80 in repairs if not under warranty...which it should be. I'm thinking if I didn't register the dril, I'm screwed.
      I really like the drill. Surprised it is giving me issues already. Lots of torque for a lil bugger.
      To bad Rigid doesn't have any other tools available that use this battery (besides the flashlight) like Milwaukee does....for this drill class. Milwaukee has a sawzall and other tools that use the same battery as their little drill/driver. If mine isn't repaired under warranty, I might be switching to the Milwaukee just to have the assortment of tools available and one type of battery. I'm beginning to develop a collection of cordless drills!

Comment

Konrad,

Let me emphasize what Badger Dave said, "The standard Ridgid warranty is not a lifetime warranty."

The Ridgid "warranty" is three years from date of purchase and you must have a copy of the original receipt, in order to prove that. What you are referring to is the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement", or "LLSA" for short. The LLSA is NOT automatic and in order to qualify for it, you absolutely must register the tool by following the instructions given elsewwhere on this website and should be included with the paperwork you received with the tool. The registration process is simple, just send in a copy of your receipt along with the UPC code that you cut from the carton. Include your name and address, your Ridgid registration ID (you get that when you register the tool online in your "Dashboard"). and the serial number, model number, etc. from the individual tools.

In about four months from the date you send in the registration requirements, your "Dashboard" or "Toolbox" or whatever they call it these days, should reflect that that you then have the LLSA.

Regarding actual service under warranty or LLSA, you need to send or take the tool to a Ridgid Authorized Service Center for such service. Elsewhere on this site, is a service locator for the nearest service center from your Zip code. Home Depot does NOT handle that warranty service or at least they don't normally. But, as we all know, Home Depot folks don't seem to know what they should or shouldn't do in most cases. IMO, it appears that 169stang (no offense meant, at all) ran into that with the $80 "authorization" required.

From my experience, it's just a matter of confirming with the Service Center that the tools are covered and that is done before they'll even start the repair. Personally, I've had two tools repaired without any question or problem. In both cases, the repairs were minor, and the center took care of the LLSA verification from the tool's serial numbers.

Again, it is very important that you "register" the tools to get the LLSA... there's often a lot of "crying" to be found when somehow, someone doesn't read the rules and "assumes" that the LLSA is automatic!

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I have already gotten 2 batteries replaced by sending them in to the authorized repair center with my warranty card. The only bummer is that I am without batteries for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            Konrad,

The Ridgid "warranty" is three years from date of purchase and you must have a copy of the original receipt, in order to prove that. What you are referring to is the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement", or "LLSA" for short. The LLSA is NOT automatic and in order to qualify for it, you absolutely must register the tool by following the instructions given elsewwhere on this website and should be included with the paperwork you received with the tool.

CWS
            Just saw this post.

Check with your States Consumer Laws.

In California you do not have to register a warranty to recieve the warranty. No warranty card, no upc mail in's, nodda - nothing required.

Also State law allows you to walk into any store that carries a particular item under warranty and that store has to warranty it.

For example. If you bought a Stereo from Circuit City while they were still in business. Then they close. The manufacture offered a no hassle exchange warranty for the product. You see Best Buy carries the same thing. You can then walk into Best Buy, and exchange it under the manufacture warranty even though you bought it at Circuit City. Best Buy has to warranty the item.

I would venture to say 99.9999999% of the residents of this state have no clue about these two consumer protection laws. Yet those of us that do have found them very handy. P.S. if you go this route make sure you arm yourself with the state law. Be prepared to get hassled, and don't back down when you do. If the store manager refuses to honor the state law, sue them in Small Claims court. You get the warranty taken care of and the judge awards you additional damages as allowed by state law.

At least California has two good things going for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
              Just saw this post.

Check with your States Consumer Laws.

In California you do not have to register a warranty to recieve the warranty. No warranty card, no upc mail in's, nodda - nothing required.
              As correct as you probably are with that statement it really has nothing to do with the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Why? Cause it's not a warranty.

It's places like CA with all their goofy laws that make companies come up with programs like the LLSA in order that they can side step the asinine requirements imposed on them by self-serving poli...........ooops, almost slipped there.
              Last edited by BadgerDave; 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

been trying to get the LSA on my 3 Ridgid tools ,Ridgid keeps giving me the run around I think its BS and that not Bandsaw.

Comment

Water Surgeon,

Apparently you didn't comprehend my message.... The LLSA is NOT A WARRANTY! The Ridgid warranty is three years and you are correct in that you do NOT have to register to get it. You will however need the receipt to prove your date of purchase, in order to assure that you are within the three-year warranty period.

However... the LLSA is an "Agreement" providing the consumer an opportunity to get a "lifetime" of free service of the product if it is properly cared for and not abused. To "agree" to this free service, the consumer is asked to register the product by sending in the requested information. IF YOU DON'T AGREE then you don't have to do anything and you don't get the service; but, you still have that three year warranty.

Brent,

What do you mean you've been "trying" to get the LLSA? What is there to try? You send in a copy of your receipt, the UPC from the product box, the serial number(s) and model numbers of your purchase(s) and include your name and contact information. That takes all of about 30 minutes, including the trip to the post office (providing you don't live in the wilderness).

I've registered over a dozen tools within the past seven years. I've had no problems or challenges.

Let us know where you're having a problem and perhaps someone can offer some advice.

CWS

Comment

Water Surgeon,

Apparently you didn't comprehend my message.... CWS
                    Just a heads up. I did comprehend it. I only interjected that consumer laws very from state to state.

However... the LLSA is an "Agreement" providing the consumer an opportunity to get a "lifetime" of free service of the product if it is properly cared for and not abused. To "agree" to this free service, the consumer is asked to register the product by sending in the requested information. IF YOU DON'T AGREE then you don't have to do anything and you don't get the service; but, you still have that three year warranty.

CWS
                    California treats anything written as a policy. Whether it is a Warranty or LLSA you get it. You don't have to agree to anything, its already assumed that you agree to it.

As wacked out as California is with its laws we are blessed with some of the best consumer protection rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
                      Just a heads up. I did comprehend it. I only interjected that consumer laws very from state to state.

California treats anything written as a policy. Whether it is a Warranty or LLSA you get it. You don't have to agree to anything, its already assumed that you agree to it.

As wacked out as California is with its laws we are blessed with some of the best consumer protection rules.
                      wish OH had that, but im willing to bet that lsa not included.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                        wish OH had that, but im willing to bet that lsa not included.
                        +1......copy of receipt, copy of upc and first class stamp...its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad View Post
                          Its a Ridgid 12V 12V Lithium-Ion Fuego Drill. Looks very cute. Has some power behind it too for such a little tool. Just used it today. I must say Iam very impresed.

I used to be a very big fan of DeWalt but experianced some problems with their warranty and decided to switch to the Ridgid brand of tools instead.

I guess sooner or later I will find out if the lifetime warranty for the Ridgid cordless tools is actualy worth buying the tool?

I am just actually currious if anyone has actually exchanged their battery and actually received a new one under the lifetime warranty?

regards.
                          Konrad
                          yes thevwarranty is good BUT u can't go 2 the depot u must find a "RIGID" repair center. I delt with a decent 1 in FL but some suck. They can b far and few between, overall its the best GIG going. a tool 4 life. Im on my 4th or 5th set of batteries, 3 new chucks, new switch, new motor!

Comment

it does work!!! had mine since 2002, everything has been repaced! Free of charge, on my 5th set of batteries!! Chuck- 3 times, motor, switch. you gotta find a "repair center" near you (find it on the web) hooorah 4 HD!

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                              +1......copy of receipt, copy of upc and first class stamp...its that simple
                              dont need to tell me, ive got 50 tools registered, any moron can do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X