help ts24000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ts24000

help im looking for a brush holder for my ts24000 saw the are obsolete. has anyone found a source or another tool that uses them the ms1050 looks like it might but arnt available either. i can buy an upgraded motor for 299. plus shipping but was hopeing not to have to spend that much for a brush holder. thanks jim

Re: help ts24000

You should be able to get that part at M & D.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

brush holder 826017 $7.00 ea, plenty in stock, not obsolete
      brush set (2) 826016 $19.00 per set, plenty in stock

these can be ordered from your local service center or any online ridgid parts center as badgerdave posted

someone wanted to sell you a motor

Comment

unforunatly the brush holder is a tti number and i have those they are wrong. this saw has an emerson motor. part number 829971-2 is the brush holder the motor number is 827517 the newer motor is 830381 thats what the brush number you recomended fits kind of screwed up because the older breakdowns show thw later part number. they use the same holder in the chop saws like 1050

Comment

ok im posting pict if it will let me . the round black holder is the part number in stock 826017 the square brass holder and brush is what i need 829971-2
          Attached Files

Comment

You said an Emerson motor? This is an old gray model TS2400, right? If you bought the saw new then they will replace your motor for free. I own the same original gray ts2400 and they were lifetime garaunteed. Completely covered for life, not the LLSA t5hey have now. All original Ridgid tools (pre TTI) were lifetime warrenty.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

What Dan said is true if your problem is a manufacturing defect. Unfortunately if it's a normal wear and tear issue than the lifetime warranty doesn't apply. I still think that Ridge Tool should be able to provide parts for that motor though. I would call Ridge Tool Customer Service versus trying to deal with Ridgid/TTI Customer Service.
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

yes its the grey saw, trying to find the original reciept. if not any ideas on parts from other tools. jim

Comment

looks like they went nla in 2007, try dixie sales at 877-500-7499, they used to be the ridgid parts distributor, mite get lucky and find some new old stock

Comment

no dice dixie dosent have them anyone know ridges number keep going back to ridgid. anyone fix tools and see the brush holder in an older craftsman or ryobi? a repair tech might recognize the part in a picture and have a junk parts pile. if not how about a motor useage for the new motor so i can find the later motor used. jim

Comment

Working...
                    X