Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ridgid cordless drill battery information?

Well that certainly is good to know. I kind of figured that the local service center was either confused or taking me for a ride. I guess I should contact a diff service center then huh?

Comment

Originally posted by tinastjean View Post
      I Is there typically this kind of cost involved in the warranty process for the batteries or was the local service center just trying to stick it to me??
      the only really unfortunate part of ridgid's warranty and lsa programs is their reliance on independent businesses (the authorized service centers) for admistration and execution of their programs. based on the many posts i've seen here, if you don;t get what you want or should get within the context of ridgid's programs from one service center, go to another. just like with cars...there are good dealers and there are less than good dealers.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Two Months and Counting for a LSA battery replacement

Now RIDGID thinks it's my responsibility to tell the local service center what battery they should order as a replacement. The service center does nothing but complain about Ridgid's horrible service. I am in the middle and getting nowhere. I no longer have the bad battery. I suspect the service center threw it in a box with a bunch of others. I am getting the feeling I will never see a replacement battery under the LSA and Ridgid takes no responsibility and apparently will not contact the service center (their agent) to discuss the ordering problem.

Comment

Re: Two Months and Counting for a LSA battery replacement

I need to thank Ridgid for sending me the replacement battery. It now appears the local service center (one of 2 or 3 in the area) is no longer listed on the Ridgid site. Obviously, Ridgid was correct in that the battery was available while the service center has been telling me for two months they can't get the battery. Thanks again to Ridgid for resolving this problem.

Comment

Hello,
            New to Ridgid. Used Ryobi for the last 15 years. I went with Ridgid because the sales guy in Home Depot went on and on about the Ridgid warranty. While registering my $500 combo set, I learned of the promotional free battery. While registering this battery, I needed to contact Ridgid who informed me "any" additional accessories, batteries, etc, are NOT protected under the Life Time warranty and they only get the 3 year warranty. Also, the sales guy told me when the battery quits working properly, to bring the battery in and they'll (Home Depot) will replace it.
            Ridgid just advised this is NOT the case, that the battery has to go to a service center...So now I am discouraged and wondering if I should have gone with Makita, DeWalt, etc...Any thoughts?

Comment

I just bought a combo set and feel I was mislead by the sales guy in HD.
              He said when the battery quits working, just bring it in for an exchange. Ridgid won't allow me to register additional batteries under the lifetime warranty and said defective batteries have to go through a service center (process) for exchange...The threads above indicate leaving my drill, charger and battery with service center for evaluation for like a week before replacement! I don't know about you all, but that does not work for me. When I'm in a project, I rarely have time to stop long enough to run to the store for additional parts: much less to be without a tool for a week!
              Is this really the case?

Comment

My own experience with returning a battery under the LSA was reported in this forum earlier this month. Again, it was quick and painless for me.
                -Dan

https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t39755/

Comment

Originally posted by TMcCalpin View Post
                  ... and feel I was mislead by the sales guy in HD.
                  As a general rule, floor personnel in HD stores couldn't find their butt with both hands and a flashlight. In all fairness, there are exceptions in some departments in some stores, but they are few and far between.

HD is authorized to do refunds and/or exchanges, but only within 90 days of purchase. Beyond the 90 day window, the tool must go to an ASC for repair or battery/charger replacement.

ASCs have legitimate reasons for requiring the entire tool/charger/battery to be brought in. Trust me, we aren't doing it just to be a pain in the ***. If your drill has a shorted switch that fries the battery you probably won't know it until you get home with a new battery and the drill fries it too. Or you may think your battery is fried when the real problem is a malfunctioning charger.
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I have a bad drill battery under LSA and am about to attempt warranty replacement.

A Home Depot about 25 miles from me is listed as a service center. When I call the store (HD6860 in Sugarland Texas) and ask for the Ridgid Service Center, a guy came on the phone who had no clue what I was talking about and says I can bring warranty repair items back to any HD. ??

Are there any HDs that actually ARE service centers, or is the service center locator tool on the Ridgidpower web site mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                    X