X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18V Lithium Ion shortage/problems

Battery's less than 8 months old both are toast. No service center within my city and none at home depot(out for 3 weeks). What does a guy do with this stuff....
    Seems that almost all of those battery's are garbage as a friend had the same issues.... What is ridgid doing about these issues?
    Guess i shoud have purchased something else....

Re: 18V Lithium Ion shortage/problems

417 CENTENNIAL DRIVE S
    MARTENSVILLE, SK S0K 2T0
    MARTENSVILLE EQUIPMENT REPAIR

Comment

I've been reading alot of negative comments on Ridgid batteries. I just want to share my experience. So far I have twelve 18v, two 24v, and two 12v batteries that have come with various tools I've purchased. To date I've had to replace both 24v and one 18v LI. The local service center treated me awesome. All the batteries were replaced at no charge with about a two week lead time. I don't know about the other folks posting, but I've owned Porter Cable and Makita. Although the tools were fine, they're all under my work bench because the batteries have died and new batteries cost more that the tools. Rigid's LSA is incredible. No one else I know of replaces batteries at no charge for the life of the tool. All of the rigid tools perform as well or better than other brands I've used. The only other problems I've had have been with my planer (smoked the motor) and my cordless recipricating saw (broke the blade attachment off). Both were resolved within the two week time frame with no charge and no hassle. Just wanted to put in my two cents worth.
      thanks

Comment

Ok so i go to the warranty depo and talk with the service guy and he does not have any batt's in stock. He has been waiting for weeks and will call me as soon as they come in. Also he does warranty for 3 manufactures Ridgid, ryobi and Milwaukee. He said that he has 400 LI-ion batteries in the back that have been exchanged for warranty. I guess that its not just ridgid, they are all CRAP. Glad to know that these engineers who design this stuff do their homework and still get paid 6 figures. Ok i am done venting ..on with life.

Comment

But like another poster wrote, enough with the LSA, just make a tool that performs. I just returned a brand new combo kit (R968) because it wouldn't charge the batteries right out of the box.

I've used the LSA for a miter saw fix and the service center was awesome.

Comment

Here i go again 2 more failed LI-ION batteries Great products

Comment

Originally posted by 89ragtopgt View Post
              If these are the batts you got in 2009, you have had excellent performance.....Ray

Comment

Originally posted by 89ragtopgt View Post
                What happened ?

Comment

No these are the replacements after the first ones crapped out. so this is my 3rd set
                  One fails in the charger and the other has no current capacity and kicks out after the first screw.

Comment

wow we just got 2 propress and all the 18v batteries are all good
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                      wow we just got 2 propress and all the 18v batteries are all good
                      For now

Comment

Working...
                      X