X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Miter Slots Blocked by Rear Rails

After having my saw for over two weeks, I finally finished assembling it and went to make my first cut. I used my miter gage and slid a piece of scrap through the blade. Everything was great until the gage hit the rear rail for the fence. See the attached pic. I tried to loosen the two bolts and lower the rail a little, but that didn't let it move at all. I'm almost ready to take a grinder to the rail to cut two slots, but I wanted to see if anyone else had the issue and a suggested fix.

Otherwise, everything is great!
    Attached Files

Re: R4511 Miter Slots Blocked by Rear Rails

That's weird, any chance you installed the rails upside down?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I bet I did. I'll look at the installation instructions for the orientation of the rails. I bet if I put my fence on it won't have anything to grab onto!

Comment

looks like you installed the rail upside down. The rear of the fence has no hold down in this case as well.

Comment

That's what you did!! OOOPS! Directions were written by either a drunken idiot or a person that never seen the saw, let alone put one together... so don't feel bad. You'll love the saw! Have fun!

Comment

I flipped the rear rails, and of course that fixed the issue! Everything is running great and I'm excited to start my first project with this saw; a bedside table for myself.

As an engineer, I am embarrassed to have not been able to follow some simple instructions. But as an engineer, I'm also quick to point out that they should have offset one of the holes in one of the rails so that the two parts could only be put together in one way.

Comment

Originally posted by j3ff.pete View Post
              But as an engineer, I'm also quick to point out that they should have offset one of the holes in one of the rails so that the two parts could only be put together in one way.
              Is that what you guys mean by the phrase "Engineer to the lowest common denominator"?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                Is that what you guys mean by the phrase "Engineer to the lowest common denominator"?
                Sounds about right.... Make it so a moderately intelligent monkey can do it.

Comment

Working...
                X