Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Drilling/Driving Kits

Hi,

I was looking for two kits that are located on the Ridgid website here...
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Coldfire-Bits/EN/index.htm

AC96421 Ridgid 42 piece screwdriving kit
    AC98381 Ridgid 38 piece drilling/driving kit

Does anyone know where I could buy these kits? I have been to 4 Homedepot's around my home and could not find these.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Re: Ridgid Drilling/Driving Kits

Jeff.....I don't know how long these kits have been out, however I have been in a large number of HD's and have never seen them carry this stuff under the Ridgid brand. The good news is, they do carry similar kits from Dewalt and Milwaukee which seem to be high quality and the Ryobi bits I have tried also held up well. Have tried tool bits and drill bits from Black and Decker and they seemed to be of very poor quality. The Kobalt bits at Lowe's hold up well.
    One other thing. We have found that for driving screws the star drive bits are far superior to any of the other styles including philips and square head. The bit lasts longer before wearing out. The bit holds in the screw head better, reducing jump out problems. Star heads drive better in all condtions especially when using impact drivers.
    Hope this helped.....Ray

Comment

I have the 38 piece kit and it works fine for what it is. I bought it to go with the 12 impact/drill kit. I don't think that I would use them in an impact driver that was more powerful than that one for fear that it would break off. I think the kit is fairly inclusive of the basic needs for a drill/driver set. I only wish that they were impact ready.

Ray,
      in my HD these kits are not mixed in with the others. They are on the side of an endcap display at the end of the tool section.

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I saw all the other kits, I was just trying to find the Ridgid ones because I like everything to match (I know that probably sounds stupid). I was hoping to find them on ebay or online somewhere because I have been to 6 HD in my area and none have them.

I would be willing to pay someone to pick up one of each and ship it. I might also try asking the HD near my house if they can order them.

Thanks again.

Comment

I've noticed they are on the Home Depot website, e.g., here is the 38-piece set:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

And thanks for this post BTW, I think I'd like to get them too.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeVB View Post
            I've noticed they are on the Home Depot website, e.g., here is the 38-piece set:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

And thanks for this post BTW, I think I'd like to get them too.
            Yes, as MikeVB posted, that's the link for the 38-piece set, and here's the one for the 42-piece driving set:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

You can order them both through HD's webpage, and have them shipped to you.

Unfortunately, as many of us have found out, the stock available at HD stores varies hugely from region to region.
            Last edited by canucksartech; 01-31-2010, 09:44 AM. Reason: Grammar/spelling

Comment

I've noticed a few new Ridgid products (at least new to me) at Home Depot in the last couple of months. Back in early December I bought a Ridgid guide bearing/baseplate set for my router. Odd size baseplate I think (6-1/2 inches) and the bushings are steel rather than the safer brass ones available elsewhere. But I wanted it to refit and older Ryobi router whose baseplate won't take the standard P-C compatible guide bushings.

Point is, these drill/driver kits may not have reached your local HD yet.

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys. I just placed my order.

Comment

Ive seen em in 5 of the 7 HDs here in San Antonio

Comment

Working...
                  X