X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt cordless drill

I bought a reconditioned 18 volt drill and really like the feel of it and the power it has. Now my problem is that I didn't use it right way and found out one of the batteries is no good. Tried calling the store and they told me that if its past 7 days I have to go to a service center. Great now I have to drive 35 mile or more one way. Have alot of ridged tools but after this will think about a diff brand.

Re: 18 volt cordless drill

Buying used is always a gamble, especially when it comes to batteries!
    You should not judge any product based on purchasing used!
    This does not apply only to Ridgid but say DeWalt too.

What type batteries do you have?
    When you purchased this "used" tool were you told about the condition
    of the batteries?

Your posting is actually a bit vague. What model drill, what battery charger,
    how old are they? etc.etc.

And finally as always "buyer beware"

Cactus Man

Comment

Join the club...you are one of many with 18V battery failures. I've been waiting over 2 weeks now for my replacements.

Comment

You have many Ridgid tools but a single problem with a reconditioned battery and you're ready to write off the whole product line..........well, I guess whatever pulls your trigger.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i just bought a brand new drill plus a 5 peace feugo kit, NEW and my battries suck...so what should i do?

Comment

What 5 piece fuego kit did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by big.guy24 View Post
              i just bought a brand new drill plus a 5 peace feugo kit, NEW and my battries suck...so what should i do?
              Take it back to Home Depot, get a refund and move on.....
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I have the same problem. I’m still waiting on Ridgid to call me back after two months. Both batteries that came with mine are DEAD.
                I think we could send Ridgid a message. Every time you go to Home Depot buy a set and then return it saying it was Bad. They might start to think about how they treat their customers.
                Last edited by Mark from Texas; 12-22-2009, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I have taken the same approach. I have a 28day grace period with my credit card. I purchase a new drill set every 3 weeks and then return it saying the batteries say they are defective. HD gets to send them back to Ridgid and they take the loss on the tool. Not my problem.

If they sold a product that worked, then there would be no issue.

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                  X