Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12 Volt drills

Hello Big G
    Yes, just light duty work. Sometimes my Ridgid 18 volt is jsut too big and heavy for light work. Also, chuck chuck on the 18volt does not grip smal bits as there is a slight gap when fully closed. Not a defect, just the way 18 V are made. They weren't intended for teh small bit. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by the2js97 View Post
      I just got the M12 drill/radio kit at HD, on sale for $149!!!! That drill is VERY nice.

Much better than my Bosch PS20. I do not understand why everybody loves the PS20. It seems SO underpowered. It's just an expensive screw driver.
      Something is wrong with your PS20 or the batteries. Maybe send it in for service. Your experience is not typical. Never had a problem in several years of use. Many Woodnet.net members also have a good history with the Bosch. Today I would buy the Milwaukee lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        Something is wrong with your PS20 or the batteries. Maybe send it in for service. Your experience is not typical. Never had a problem in several years of use. Many Woodnet.net members also have a good history with the Bosch. Today I would buy the Milwaukee lineup.

Just make sure that you keep the receipt!! (And BTW, make a COPY of the receipt while it is legible - most HD receipts fade away as they age) I bought mine when they came out ~$99.00 or so introductory price at HD...I am at present hassling with Milwaukee factory battery warranty just before the 2 year warranty expires - with no receipt other than the honor system about My ToolBox's post the day that I purchased the driver I registered it on their website.

And YES, I would and have bought more M12 devices since and they are awesome.

Good luck, and you'll be happy at least for a couple of years.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

Big G,
          What does your woodworking mag say are the smallest and lightest 12v drill? I need to get into tight places and the Ridgid 12v combo with flashlight seems to fit. However I have read several posts complaining of this drill stopping suddenly as if the motor was overtaxed, not necessarily due to a drained battery. All those posts insist that they had not put a burden on the unit.

Comment

Working...
          X