12 Volt drills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Volt drills

Is the Craftsman 3/8 inch 12 volt Nextec drill made by teh same folks as the Milwaukee M12 3/8 drill?
    Which one is really better for small light weekend jobs? Thanks, Ron

Re: 12 Volt drills

Just recieved a woodworking mag that rated the new small version of the lith ion 12V drills. Sears the weakest, Millwaukee the best. My Bosch about second.

Big G

Comment

Hello
      So, the one to get would be the Milwaukee? Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
        Hello
        So, the one to get would be the Milwaukee? Ron
        Yup. The Mil is 149.95 at HD. The Bosch is $20 cheaper and the only thing they didn't like about it was that the angle of the handle. I have not noticed this as being uncomfortable.

Big G

Comment

milwauke doesn't make the "Multimaster" tool (Bosch PS50). I have M but I'd go with Bosch if they had a metal chuck.

Comment

How did the "Multimaster" tool work its way into this conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog View Post
              How did the "Multimaster" tool work its way into this conversation?
              in case he tries to expand his collection, Bosch and Milwaukee have different directions. Bosch stuff is more homeowner/tradesman while Milwaukee is targeting contractor/industrial market. Bosch makes an oscillating tool and M doesn't.

Comment

I have the Bosch tools as when i bought them Milwaukee did not have any. Today I would buy the Milwaukee as they have a much greater assortment of tools, not sure if they will discontinue the slower selling ones as TTI often does with their Ridgid powertools because of their HD connection to sales driven item selection.

Comment

Since both both the Miliwaukee and Craftsman are made by TTI, what would be the difference, materials, quality? Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                    Since both the Milwaukee and Craftsman are made by TTI, what would be the difference, materials, quality? Ron
                    TTI owns Milwaukee and Ryobi, but these lines are lightyears apart...I haven't peaked inside them, but in this case the Cman is likely to be much closer to Ryobi quality than MW. Design and materials can vary a lot. Similar situations exist with Bosch/Skil, DeWalt/B&D.

Comment

Gentleman
                      Thank you all for the help. Ron

Comment

I see Skil has a 12 volt that is very similar to all these. It is the Model 2412-02. Lowes has it for 79.00. Anybody have any thoughts on it? Who makes it and the quality? Thanks, Ron

Comment

I just got the M12 drill/radio kit at HD, on sale for $149!!!! That drill is VERY nice.

Much better than my Bosch PS20. I do not understand why everybody loves the PS20. It seems SO underpowered. It's just an expensive screw driver.

Comment

I think I will get the Skil as it is made by Bosch and so far never had any problems with a Bosch. Ron

Comment

Not sure what you plan on doing with your drill but the Skill is for the casual homeowner use. Thus the price point. Doesn't matter so much which company owns a particular brand because they all have their high, medium and low end tools. The Skill is the low end.

Big G

Comment

Working...
                              X