Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is this machine?

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    It looks like some kind of hydraulic press... used for punching, die pressing, crimping etc.; depends on what kind of die it may be fitted with.

If you're going to play around with it, be very careful where you put your hands and fingers.

CWS
    Looks like it does not have the hydraulic pump with it - that would be my guess on what connects to the 2 quick disconnects, so there is probably no danger there unless he connects it to a pump.

Comment

It's a zero divider. It makes it possible to divide zero. Be careful though, unintended reactions may occur.

Comment

Looks like some of the labels in those pictures say "Festool". I'm wondering if this could be a hydraulic press from one of their production lines/factories.

Comment

Originally posted by Client77 View Post
          I got this machine a few months ago and have no idea what it does or what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Can you send more pics from the sides and other end. Especially down in the area where those two blue things are.

Any heating elements? Look at the nameplate and share the volt/amp draw. Nameplate..... that thing looks almost homemade.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Wow I asked for some pics and literally one second later there they are! i'll bet you're one heckuva service plumber!

It's definitely a stamp or press of some sort. The safety guard over the assembly in front of the press seems to be designed to dissipate heat. So maybe the device is heating some material which is fed under the press and presto chango! You get aroundtuit. (I think Rick's got it by jove.)

I think I know what it is now. Scrap.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
              Injection molding for $200 Alex
              I agree, my buddy is a plastics guy and has a warehouse full of em'. Worth a pretty penny, do you know what the mold is?

Comment

Working...
              X