X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 month old 18 volt tools, battery issues

Hello, im a landscape and snow removal contractor. I do not do construction, but the tools purchased are use mostly to maintanin and do repairs on equiptment. Id say i use them more than a home owner, but fare less than a construction contractor. maybe once every 3 weeks they get pulled out

i had about 4 years ago , a 14.4 drill that i was SUPER HAPPY WITH, until it got stollen

I just got back from a tour in iraq, (i do construction enigineering for the navy) and we used ALL 18 v dewalt. i was semi happy with the dewalt..but i had such good luck with the drill i had a few years before, i figured i would get another

well i ended up getting the R86006

2 days later my GF was helping me, and ran the charger over with my truck.. dont ask

So off to HD i went to get a new charger...well for the price of it, plus some i came accross a great deal on the R968 fuego kit...so i picked it up since it came with a charger...also figured i would complete the kit and get a circular saw... ended up getting the max select 18/24 cicular saw

so after owning them for 2 months, and using them maybe 4 times. I AM SO DISAPOINTED. you know what works great...i love the LED light. 600 dollars spent and the led light is all that is work anything. the drilles and drivers are great. the circular saw, i think is more designed to run 24v, because it sure has a hard time cutting a 2x4. the rep saw... aaaa its ok, id rather have a standard hand grip style for more leverage

anyway ALL 4 of my batteries are crap. 2 dont charge the other 2 last 5 mins max.

i went back to HD and they exchaged one of the kits for me... (i only had 1 recpit with me) and even those new batteries are terrible.

they seem to operate for a few mins and then the power stops? if you disconnect the battery and reconnect it it will run for another 1min or so...same thing over and over.

Im ready to return it all for a dewalt. I love the idea of the Service aggreement. but i cant be runnig to the store every time i need to use my drill. fuel, wear and tare on the truck, let alone labor on my workers...id rather buy a new dewalt battery every other year, if i had to

Re: 2 month old 18 volt tools, battery issues

So take them back to Home Depot, get a refund, and move on.

Seems like I've said this before..........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I purchased the Fuego kit last week and the batteries would NOT charge right out of the box. I returned the kit and purchased a Milwaukee combo kit.

Comment

Originally posted by the2js97 View Post
        I purchased the Fuego kit last week and the batteries would NOT charge right out of the box. I returned the kit and purchased a Milwaukee combo kit.

just to let you know, the cells inside the Milwaukee batteries are exact same as in Ridgid and both brands made by the same outfit. You could have just bought another Ridgid kit.

Comment

Originally posted by big.guy24 View Post
          id rather buy a new dewalt battery every other year, if i had to
          Dewalt batteries are covered by 3 year limited warranty and 2 year no-questions-asked free service. If your battery wears out after 20 months, just bring it to a service center and they will give you a brand new one that will last you another 2 years, give that you take proper care of your batteries. Unless you are dirt poor and your time is worth nothing, you can wait for your backordered Ridgid battery. I also recommend to get Dewalt's li-ion kit and not NiCD, since their li-ion has 5x cycle life compared to Ridgid.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
            just to let you know, the cells inside the Milwaukee batteries are exact same as in Ridgid and both brands made by the same outfit. You could have just bought another Ridgid kit.

I guess I'll just have to take my chances with Milwaukee. I still have HD's 90 day return policy. Luckily these two batteries took a charge.

Why should we have to rely on the Ridgid's LSA? Ideally it should hardly be used, instead I just read how people keeping going back to the service center.

Comment

Working...
            X