Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ridgid warranty,how long???

Damon,

I obviously mis-read your post where you stated, "it's going 1 year(come march)".... I missed the "come March" part. (I think I've got to start getting more sleep!

So, it's not going on one year quite yet... it's really only nine months!

But still, if they are now working on April then your's should have been processed. I do have to agree that nine months is sort of ridiculous and even the usual five months is questionable. I think TTI or whoever is handling this needs to focus on narrowing this lead time.

So by all means Damon... give them another call, you are justified in your need to get some attention on this.

CWS

Comment

Thanks, i called an hour ago she said there working on April's warranties,and being mine was sent in a few days after 3-21-09 it may be mixed in with April's cards,so we'll see im calling back in a few weeks!!!!

Comment

I've been waiting since July of this year. I called back in October and was given the same ol line of "we are back logged" yada yada yada!

Comment

Wow cant believe it just now got my confirmation LSA email for my tools,only took 9 moths!!!!!

anyway all set now i guess thanks guy's for the info it helped.

Comment

One last question i guess IF...i have any problems with batteries or tools etc do i just return to HD where i bought it from and they'll exchanged it(batteries) or sent it out(tool) for repair? is that how it works?

Comment

Send it out.. HomeDepot has washed their hands clean of any responsibility for any product after it has been sold. You deal with the manufacturer, and they will send you to a service depot to get it fixed.

The service depot will want to you give them everything. That includes the charger, and the tools. WHY, they want to make sure that it isn't a defect in the tool or charger that is causing the battery to die.

Now if you live near a major metropolitan then you probably have a service centre near you. If not, then you are covering the cost to ship it out, and prey that they fix it.

I am lucky that I live smack between two big cities, and have 3 service centres within 20 min drive of me. I call around to each of them to find out what one is not that busy. They are pretty good. That said, I have not taken mine into get the batteries replaced as it's close to Xmas and I have a spare NiCAD battery that works fine, so I am using that over this time as I need my tools now, not a month from now.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

Comment

Right i under stand HD is outa the picture but i thought HD sends it out for you?, your saying i'll have to box it up and send it out my self if i don't have a SD by me?

so HD cant even exchange a battery huh? how do i find a SD in my area is there a web look up?

thanks Matt yea it does help just trying to under stand all this if i do have any issues ill know right what to do, i'm new to Rigid.

Comment

Originally posted by daman View Post
                  Right i under stand HD is outa the picture but i thought HD sends it out for you?, your saying i'll have to box it up and send it out my self if i don't have a SD by me?

so HD cant even exchange a battery huh? how do i find a SD in my area is there a web look up?
                  I have never heard of HD sending anything out for you. They are just a store selling equipment. But they probably have someone in the tools department that knows of the nearest service centres to you. Mine gave me the 3 closest places, and even recommended 1 in particular as they have had good feedback from customers who went there.

You could also try calling Ridgid, but funny enough when I tried this they were convinced there was only 1 place near me, and it turns out that they no longer service Ridgid.

I'd give that a try. Also get the phone number for the service centre and give them a shout to know what they want, and who pays for what. I'd also ask what their past turnaround is for batteries.

Matt.

Comment

Great thanks!!!!!

Comment

daman, go to ridgid.com and click on "Support" at the top of the page. There will be a category for Service Centers. You can locate the nearest Service Center to you from there.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sweet i'll do that, thanks Dave.

thanks for your help!

Comment

Ok i found a few "Service Centers" by me within 40 mins. they just seem like small business that do this side work for ridgid,do these guys know what there doing? lol,,how do you know who's good does good work? you probably don't huh??

Comment

Working...
                          X