Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Difference between Ridgid R350RHA and R350RHD?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Ridgid R350RHA and R350RHD?

Hello,
    I just picked up a brand new Ridgid R350RHD 3.5" round head framing nailer from my local home depot this evening. I noticed in the store that the price tag for the display indicated R350RHA, however, they only had the R350RHD and that's what I purchased. One the Ridgid site they list a R350RHA but not a R350RHD. Why is this? Is there a difference between the two models? Has one superceeded the other?

In the pneumatic tool fasterner guide that came with the nailer, R350RHA/R350RHD are listed as Full Round Head Plastic Collation Framing Nailers with a Collation Angle of 21-22 degrees.

Thanks!
    Mark

Re: Difference between Ridgid R350RHA and R350RHD?

I just bought one and you cant register in for warranty so im tamking it back and getin a Porteer cable

Comment

The "D" models are the newer model, they have a much smaller nose and safety cleat. Another bonus is that they have a nail guide on the end of the rail next to the head, it tremendously helps with bent nail jambs. I have both the R350CHA and R350CHD nailers, I much prefer the "D" model. Its a little lighter and the head cap (gray part of the body) is about 2" shorter, so now the nailer will fit in between 16" OC studs!!! The CH models will shoot offset full round head nails without issue. I use the offset RH nails by paslode, they work perfectly. If your HD still has the A models, they should sell them for a much discounted price as the D model is MUCH Superior in my opinion. I like it so much better than my old model I went back and purchased another one!

(my home depots only sell the CH models, I have only seen the RH models in one store and they were being clearanced out at 169.00)

Comment

Originally posted by roycoola View Post
        I just bought one and you cant register in for warranty so im tamking it back and getin a Porteer cable
        if you got the "A" model, I would agree, but if you got a "D" model, I would reconsider, the portercable model is HEAVY! I have had the "A" model for over 5 years, great gun and never has given me issues except for the occasional bent nail, but as I stated before, they seem to have fixed this issue with the changes to the "D" model. I wish I could retro fit my "A" model with the changes, but its a new nose and rail, both parts exceed the cost of an entirely new gun.

BTW, these nailers are exactly the same nailers made by TTI for Milwaukee!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          The "D" models are the newer model, they have a much smaller nose and safety cleat. Another bonus is that they have a nail guide on the end of the rail next to the head, it tremendously helps with bent nail jambs. I have both the R350CHA and R350CHD nailers, I much prefer the "D" model. Its a little lighter and the head cap (gray part of the body) is about 2" shorter, so now the nailer will fit in between 16" OC studs!!! The CH models will shoot offset full round head nails without issue. I use the offset RH nails by paslode, they work perfectly. If your HD still has the A models, they should sell them for a much discounted price as the D model is MUCH Superior in my opinion. I like it so much better than my old model I went back and purchased another one!

(my home depots only sell the CH models, I have only seen the RH models in one store and they were being clearanced out at 169.00)
          Other than the RHD model showing up occasionally at places that sell refurbished Ridgid tools (as ZRR350RHD), I cannot find reference to it anywhere. It is not on HD's website. There is also NO reference to it anywhere on Ridgid's site - no parts, no literature, no revisions, no discontuations, etc. I can find everything pertaining to the RHA models but nothing pertaining to the RHD one. In fact, at one place, the RHD refurb'd was $10 cheaper than the RHA refurb'd. Is the "D" really a newer/better design than the "A"? Seems to be the opposite. Anyone have any additional info on what the RHD nailer is compared to the RHA?

Comment

Working...
          X