ridgid worm drive saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid worm drive saw

I recently bought a used ridgid worm drive that looked in pretty good shape, but as I was not real familiar with the tool, I neglected to check for oil and otherwise did not know much about what to look for. Anyway, after getting home, the saw seemed to run well, but I decided to check the oil before putting it to real use. Sure enough, the case was bone dry. I purchased some of the skil worm gear oil and put that in there for the moment, and the saw seems to run okay, but I'm just wondering how I might know if there was any damage done to the drive gear. Are there tell-tale signs I can look for to determine how much life might be left in this thing? Should there be any play at the blade when the saw is off? How hot does this normally run?
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: ridgid worm drive saw

Welcome to the site...If the saw still looks in good shape it most likely has not been used very much,so its probably fine.I have one and use it professionally and some of my helpers really abuse it....it still works fine.

Comment

Re: ridgid worm drive saw

If it still works and sounds normal, you should be fine. As far as the oil. Skil, Ridgid or Ryobi...it's all the same.

oh, and Welcome to the site!

Comment

Working...
      X