X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Angle 12 Volt Impact Driver

Hi guys, Ok...Gotta say I do love the tool. It works well for what I need it for. I am however unhappy with the fact that Ridgid only supplies 1 battery with it. They don't even stock those 12 volt batteries in any Home Depot around my house And I looked on this site and haven't had any luck finding them here either. Does anyone know where I can find them to purchase? Any help would be most appreciated!

Re: Right Angle 12 Volt Impact Driver

CPO Ridgid (1.25 ah original battery):

http://www.cpoprotools.com/products/...oogle130252002

E-Replacement parts (1.9 ah 12v Max battery):

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/sea...s=130254001%20

I have one too but I use it so rarely that the battery is still fine.

Ern
    Last edited by erngum; 12-17-2009, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tool_Guy View Post
      Hi guys, Ok...Gotta say I do love the tool. It works well for what I need it for. I am however unhappy with the fact that Ridgid only supplies 1 battery with it. They don't even stock those 12 volt batteries in any Home Depot around my house And I looked on this site and haven't had any luck finding them here either. Does anyone know where I can find them to purchase? Any help would be most appreciated!
      I agree with you. We have loved this tool ever since we bought it to drive bolts to scab some 2x10's onto floor joists on a rehab we were doing. We quickly found that the tool was under powered using the little 12 volt battery. Applying "Tool Time" logic we slapped a 14.4V Max batt in it and wallah!.....a new tool was born. The power increase and usability is greatly increased. We were concerned that the higher voltage might burn out the motor. We monitored the heat of the motor and didn't notice any significant increase. We have now been using this tool for over two years using the 14.4V batts and it's still running strong.
      I know some are going to say that using a higher voltage battery than is specified by the manufacturer can damage the tool and may not be advised. Over the years there have been many times we have used a tool in a manner not intended by the manufacturer. Sometimes such abuse is necessary to "get the job done" and if it causes damage, so be it. In this case, to date it does not seem to have damaged the tool. I'm not advocating that any one else do it. I'm just relating our experience........Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
        I agree with you. We have loved this tool ever since we bought it to drive bolts to scab some 2x10's onto floor joists on a rehab we were doing. We quickly found that the tool was under powered using the little 12 volt battery. Applying "Tool Time" logic we slapped a 14.4V Max batt in it and wallah!.....a new tool was born. The power increase and usability is greatly increased. We were concerned that the higher voltage might burn out the motor. We monitored the heat of the motor and didn't notice any significant increase. We have now been using this tool for over two years using the 14.4V batts and it's still running strong.
        I know some are going to say that using a higher voltage battery than is specified by the manufacturer can damage the tool and may not be advised. Over the years there have been many times we have used a tool in a manner not intended by the manufacturer. Sometimes such abuse is necessary to "get the job done" and if it causes damage, so be it. In this case, to date it does not seem to have damaged the tool. I'm not advocating that any one else do it. I'm just relating our experience........Ray
        Glad I took Ray's advice and switched to the 14.4 volt battery. The 12 volt was very disappointing and since the switch it is like a new and stronger tool. Thanks again for the very helpful suggestion. Frank.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. Ray I gotta tell you thats a great I dea switching out the battery. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
          X