X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LI ION X3 963 kit

I love this kit, but the CFL on the portable light broke, where do I even get another one? Home depot does not have and I looked all over online, can somebody link me to one?

thanks, Kenny

Re: LI ION X3 963 kit

home depot or most stores stock them , ask for 9 watt compact fluorescent lamp, they are located in the light bulb section, not in the tool section
    home depot has them in 2,4, and 12 pack

Comment

thank you for the info.... so is that a 120VAC bulb then? http://www.1000bulbs.com/9-Watt-2700...-Fluorescents/ like the first one listed here.... home depot did not help much when i asked ill try again tomorrow thanks Thanks, Kenny

Comment

thats the lamp you need

Comment

Is that a 120VAC bulb? I did not think the 18VDC kit had a converter inside like that - if so - hey pretty cool

Comment

thank you smallen, i bought some regular 9W bulbs at home depot (4 pack like $2.58) and they work great

i did not think those 18V devices converted to 120VAC but i assume so

kenny

Comment

glad you got it going, never try an incandescent bulb in it

Comment

Never try - why? It might hurt something haha

ill have to turn the thing on and measure it with a fluke meter one day

anyway its fine, some things are better off not being understood

kenny

Comment

"..home depot did not help much"

Is that not an understatement! Wish I had that light instead of the battery killer 18v regular bulb one.

Comment

yes there is a 120v inverter inside.

yes you can use an incand bulb but it has to draw the same current (milliamps) as CFL, meaning it will be a tiny signal bulb which barely glows - useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                      "..home depot did not help much"

Is that not an understatement! Wish I had that light instead of the battery killer 18v regular bulb one.
                      Someone had posted a thread on here before, that Milwaukee has come out with an LED replacement bulb for the standard bulb worklights. That might be what you're looking for, Andrew.

Also, to Mercury on the initial post, the only thing is, is I do believe that you have to get the "mini" compact fluorescent light bulb. I remember someone saying in a thread somewhere that the "standard" CFL's are too big (the spiral is too long, and you can't get the protective clear plastic shield back over the bulb. You have to get the "mini" version of a CFL. However, I do believe that the "mini" versions are becoming the standard for the 9 watt range of CFL's, but just take a note when you buy of the overall length of what you're getting.

Comment

Working...
                      X