Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw starts up and shuts down TS2400LS

Hi Fellow Posters,

I have a TS2400LS Table Saw that will start up for a few seconds then shut down. I found an old post on this forum with no solution. Maybe a few years later, there might be a solution? (other than bring it to a service centre). Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The saw is dry, plugged directly into a brand new service (for testing).

Thanks in advance for your input

Buzz

Re: Table saw starts up and shuts down TS2400LS

Not much help but having worked on electric motors in the past it sounds like the start/run windings are not working correctly - the only way to fix that is to take it to a service center.

My 2 cents only

RC
    Last edited by RapidCut; 12-23-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I've read both threads about the 2400,unless both of You dropped somthing heavy on the power cord My guess is the brushes have given up the ghost.
      If you continue to power it on and off You will ruin the commutator.
      A long shot would be the AC/DC rectifier.
      All easy to replace and not very costly.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The power cord is fine, I'm thinking it has something to do with the on-board curcuits, Any idea how to test/replace the rectifier?

Comment

Have You checked the brushes,Yet?

Comment

buzzsaw,

I posted an entry a couple of days ago, trying to figure out how the wiring is connected on the TS2400LS table saw. I got a second hand saw, that had a wall switch wired up, so I don't know what wire goes to what inside the switch box. There is the softstart mechanism/board, the reset switch and the on/off switch. I have the missing parts coming in next week and would appreciate any help on this since you have the same saw!

Since it sounds like you might be opening things up to take a look at your problem any pointers or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X