X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy a buckethead vac?

I saw these in the store and wondered if anyone on here bought one. They any good compared to a regular wet/dry vac?

Re: Anyone buy a buckethead vac?

In my opinion I'd probably not waste my money. I looked at one, wanting to replace my little Stinger vac ($29 2 gal unit made by Ridgid and and replaced last year with a Husky look-a-like). The Stinger is very portable and just right for those little clean-up jobs. But, it has a paper bag type filter which is held in place with a rubber band.... and I've had it slip twice on me, which makes a little mess into a big mess as it then blows the dust out the exhaust port.

I used the Stinger only once for a wet pickup... made a heck of a mess, because the recommendation is to remove the paper bag filter before you use it for wet pickup. Made a mess of the motor, float ball, cage, etc.

So, first thing I looked at with the bucket head was what kind of filter does it us? Guess what... it's the same filter bag as the Stinger! So I guess you would have to remove it for use with a wet pickup and most likely end up with the same problems.

No thanks!

CWS

Comment

I'd agree with CWS. While they are a neat design (just pop on the top of a 5- or 6-gallon bucket), I don't know about the "cleanliness" of them, like CWS said. I myself have a little 5-gallon Ridgid vac, and the 2(1/2?) gallon Ridgid MaxSelect cordless vac. Both work great for me, and have decent filters that work for all conditions. For my larger 5-gallon corded one, I have two different filters, one "standard/basic" filtration one that I use for wet stuff (to keep my motor dry and clean), and a medium grade one that I use for everything else. I got the corded one for $29 on sale, so it definitely outperforms dollar-for-dollar against those buckethead vacs.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        I'd agree with CWS. While they are a neat design (just pop on the top of a 5- or 6-gallon bucket), I don't know about the "cleanliness" of them, like CWS said. I myself have a little 5-gallon Ridgid vac, and the 2(1/2?) gallon Ridgid MaxSelect cordless vac. Both work great for me, and have decent filters that work for all conditions. For my larger 5-gallon corded one, I have two different filters, one "standard/basic" filtration one that I use for wet stuff (to keep my motor dry and clean), and a medium grade one that I use for everything else. I got the corded one for $29 on sale, so it definitely outperforms dollar-for-dollar against those buckethead vacs.

I've justed read this post. ridgid wd1450 is great for moderate to heavy household.
        rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

I received one as a gift.

After I finally got around to trying it out, here's what I found.

It does pretty well for wet pickup. If you're picking up something especially nasty, you can put a lid on the bucket and throw it away.

I'm not lovin it for dry pickup though. The paper bag like filter spews fine dust just like any other wet/dry vac with that type of filter.

Overall, I think it's worth the money as a secondary/specialty vac for some people.

The vac I use the most these days has a filter, and a bag, and catches just about anything I need it to. If i'm worried about fine dust, I will use the finer filter bags.

----------------------------------

Help me support children’s cancer research CLICK HERE!

Comment

I'd rather buy a good Bosche or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by BobKbta View Post
              I'd rather buy a good Bosche or something similar
              Bosch are great for many things, but wet/dry vacs are not one of them, IMO. While they have power to spare, they seem to be excessively loud, and they seem very awkward - you need a moving crew to be able to lug those Bosch models around.

Hey, I'd take Bosch hands down in many things (mitre saws being one of them, and their screwdriver bits, drill bits, and saw blades are second to none). But the Bosch vacs are just not a forte for them.

Comment

BucketHead makes vacuums? Are they loud?

"Buy my Vacuums......"

J.C.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X