ridgid x3 5 piece r963

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid x3 5 piece r963

hey i am very interested in this new r963 kit. my question is is it worth the money over dewalt and milwalkee and also is there ANY place cheaper than 500 for the set. i want new not refurbished but i thought for sure i could like on ebay or surf the web and find it cheaper. i can usually beat any store price shopping over the net. please let me know asap as i am looking to buy this week just looking to save some money in this recession. thank you everyone in advance.

Re: ridgid x3 5 piece r963

I own this set and like it very much. The cfl light is very useful. Your ? about buying it cheaper is why would you want to? If you don't buy it from HD of a dealer u lose your lsa. So lets say you can buy it for $429 online vs $500 in the store but 3 years from now you need a new battery ($99.) Turns out u'll end up paying more for it in the long run. Go to HD and buy it for $500. U will be happy u did.

Comment

I also own this kit and I like it as well. You can usually find a coupon whether its an HD, Lowes, etc, Home Depot will usually honor it. That will get you down to $450. I bought mine during the Ultimate Power Deal but that happens about once a year. I don't think you will be disappointed if you decide on this kit but you definitely should but it from HD to get the LLSA.

Kevin

Comment

This ultimate power deal you speak of, about what time of year does it happen and roughly how much did it cost you at the time of the deal???

Comment

I think the UPD was in April and September last year and it is a progressive discount based on how much you spend. I am not certain but I think the discounts went something like this

If you spend;

$149 - 299 receive $25 off
          $300 - 599 receive $75 off
          $600 - 999 receive $150 off
          over $1000 receive $300 off

I paid $499 for the X3 but I ended up spending $1007 so I got $300 off at the time.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X