X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jp0600

would you purchase a JP0600 Jointer for $175?
    I need to look at it, from pictures it appears to be in good shape.
    has been described as "unused for 5+ years only needs a light tune-up to be perfect".
    I believe I've read you need a jig for setting the blades on it, is this true? How bad is a blade change?
    Anything to look for?
    Thanks,
    TxMoose

Re: Jp0600

You pretty much need a jig of some form or another to set the knives on most jointers so I wouldn't let that point influence you either way. Overall the Ridgid jointer over the years has received very positive reviews so $175 would be an average price for one in good shape. At that price both buyer and seller should walk away happy.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

TxMoose...its one of the best tools i own. is the one you are purchasing gray in color or the newer orange and black?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Its the gray one.
        Thanks for the input guys.
        TxMoose

Comment

Ok so I picked it up. Its in very good shape, a bit o wax on the bed and checking the beds it should be good to go. Now how about a mobile base anyone have any suggestions.
          Thanks
          TxMoose

Comment

i have this one:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/ToolG...t.aspx?id=5822

the review is dead on. good accessory with considerable flexibilty. once set up, it handles the ridgid jointer effortlessly and easily. if i remember right, it's about $50 from general international. now that i've decided to ditch the lousy htc 1000 base that came with my 18" jet bandsaw (350lbs), i'll be getting another 50-025, when the mobile wheels are retracted, the base is very stable. HTH. BTW, that gray model is guaranteed for life. if you check the guaranty that was in effect when it was built, the guaranty attaches to the tool, not the owner. no need to register it for the LSA as the serial number identifies it for service purposes.
            Last edited by FINER9998; 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks for the help
              TxMoose

Comment

Working...
              X