jp06001 jointer knives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jp06001 jointer knives?

I recently purchased the JP06001 and the DP15001 from HD. I love them both as they are the best bang for the buck. My question is about knives. After jointing a couple of reclaimed boards through the JP I must have missed a nail because I have a deep nick in one of my knives. I need to replace it and my local HD does not carry them and their ridgid rep states they can special order them for $17/blade. Does anybody out there have a good place to buy knives for this jointer? Does sears sell them for one of their models?

any response would be greatly appreciated

Re: jp06001 jointer knives?

someone will chime in on where to buy the blades, but in the meantime, shifting one blade slightly to one side of the imperfection made by the knicked blade will eliminate the imperfection until you can change the damaged blade. HTH
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Holbren is who I get my knives from. They have very competitive prices, reasonable shipping charges and fast order turnaround.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Freud c400; http://www.amazon.com/Freud-C400-8-I...3049635&sr=1-1

That is what I use.

Brian Holbren is an excellent source as said by Dave.

Comment

Shifting a nicked knife is commonly done, or else you spend a lot on new knives.

If you're just doing a little planing, you can also just feed the board through the planer a second time on the final pass. The ridge will go through an 'un-nicked' section of blade and it'll get knocked off neatly.

Comment

Working...
          X