Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New tools?

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
    Just to close the loop on this one, what you suggest as a sticky is exactly what RIDGID Central is supposed to be. Just so happens that Josh is the one that is really running with it. Ideally, any new product (power tool, locator, hand tool) would have a sticky spot in that area. I'll try and rev it back up.

Thanks for the conversation here. Talk to you soon.
    Thanks ProBrand, but unfortunately, that hasn't been the case with any orange & grey Ridgid products. That area's been there on the forum since what, mid-2009 (?), but nothing on any of the power tool releases. I just personally think that it would be more beneficial to have the power tool releases in the power tool area, to maybe keep them separate from the plumbing and locating tools. But, just my 2 cents. Either way, the earlier the info can get to us, before the stores have them on the shelves, the better.

Thanks for the back and forth on this. Much appreciated.

Comment

I just found the site with the concrete screed from Apearms and they say the launch isn't until after the first of the year for all you concrete guys. Nice screed though. apearms.com

Devon

Comment

Can anyone recommend for/against acquiring either a repackaged or used r888 hand planer or r8433 jigsaw, both discontinued (so far as I can tell)?

Or might I be better off waiting for the inevitable (?) updated replacements from Ridgid? Are there even any plans to resurrect them?

I cannot justify a personal need for these tools unless they're very likely to go extinct in the near future, or are very cheap.

My only regret in buying the r963 kit as an early Xmas self-gift, is not buying it a year ago before my yard projects went forward (which included a barn, chicken coop, chicken tractor, manger, doghouse, shed addition, various pens and partitions, planters, etc). I somehow managed all this using a Craftsman C3 kit from the pawnshop, wasn't so impressed w myself until I handled the Ridgid tools last weekend! It is literally like somebody noted every problem I had w the C3s, improved them, painted them orange and sold them back to me for $500...

Comment

Working...
        X