Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Newbie needs help...Please!!

Hey everybody, here's the skinny:
    I bought a used Ridgid 18volt combo kit with the R845 circular saw, R841150 drill, and the R849 flashlight with two X2 batteries and the 140276002 dual port charger. Come to find out the right side of the charger just flashes the red light and will not illuminate the green when a battery is inserted. Its also noisy as all heck (like a fan's running all the time as soon as I plug it it).
    I'm new to Ridgid so I'm not sure if the noise with the charger is normal. Any ideas?? I can live with only one charging port working out of two.
    Any and all help/info on the fan noise and blinking light would be much appreciated!! Thank you!
    Last edited by K5forlife; 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM.

Re: Ridgid Newbie needs help...Please!!

the dual charger has an internal fan and yes it's noisy.

when you first plug in the charger without any batteries the red lights will
    come on and no fan.
    As soon as you insert one or two batteries the fan kicks in and will run until
    you remove the batteries.

Depending upon the condition of the battery it can take a few moments before the first step of analyzing the battery begins. you will see the red light blink

When the charger determines the condition of the battery the next mode is charging.
    The green light will flash and the red light will remain solid

when the battery is charged the red light will turn off and only the green light will be lit

If you're attempting to charge lithium-ion batteries with the dual charger STOP
    this charger is only for nicad batteries. You may damage the charger and/or lithium-ion
    battery!!!!!

Only the single battery charger with the lithium-ion decal will charge both nicad and lithium-ion batteries.

Refer to your owner's manual to explain the charger functions in more detail.

The time it will require to recharge a nicad battery depends upon its condition. It should be no longer than 20-40 minutes.

Cactus Man

Comment

Cactus Man,
      Here's my scenario:
      I plug it in (no batteries in charger) and the fan kicks in automatically and runs until I unplug it and the right side red light blinks continuously even if I put a battery in it. Is thing totally trashed and I need a new one?
      Thanks again!

Comment

if it is less than 3 years old, it is still under warranty. take it to a service center and it should be repaired without charge. if you registered it for the LSA, take it to a service center and it should be repaired without charge.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          if it is less than 3 years old, it is still under warranty. take it to a service center and it should be repaired without charge. if you registered it for the LSA, take it to a service center and it should be repaired without charge.
          As you bought this set used, I don't think you will be eligible for either the LLSA or the standard warranty.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
          X