Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My battery replacement experience.......

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
    He's ignoring you for the sake of an unavoidable argument.
    I want him to answer too! although, I wonder if there are a couple of RIDGID guys that loiter around the dewalt site waiting to pounce on a problem from the users to say I told you so?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
      He's ignoring you for the sake of an unavoidable argument.
      I like the fact that Ray spoke his experience and to grade it is to degrade it. He brought in a load of heavily used, worn-out batteries and now he has the replacements - everything from 14.4Vs to the 24V XLis as per the agreement that he had when he bought the tools from the manufacturer. The quickest way to get new batteries is to buy them out of pocket - short of that anything is good. According to my tally, Ray's received well over $600 in battery replacements (probably that much on the 24V XLis alone). To try and rate a "waiting" experience to get the batteries is very subjective when the object of the exercise is to get the batteries. Objectively speaking, he did accomplish his goal. Good job, Ray and thanks for the report.

Comment

Based on recent retail selling prices for the 2-14.4's($65ea), 4-18's($80ea), and 4-24's
        ($200ea) batteries I had replaced, the value calculates to $1250 for the new batteries. Thats the good news. For the bad, read on.
        I just got off the phone with Tim, the owner of ECK, the Ridgid service center I used for replacing my batts. He told me this back order situation has been a problem for years and continues. He stated that he was currently waiting for a back order for 18V LI and 24V LI batts. He further stated that it will seem like they get caught up and he will think they are finally building enough and then they go into another back order cycle. I asked him if Ridgid provides information about what steps they are taking to correct the problem. He told me that he can't get any information from Ridgid. (sound familiar?)
        So there you have it! It looks like this disgusting back order situation continues. We (forum members)of course get no information from any Ridgid official source regarding Ridgid attempts to correct the problem. Without any meaningful information from Ridgid we(forum members) are left with rumors and other misinformation with which to advise people and make decisions. One member recently posted that Ridgid was going to change to another LI battery manufacturer. Is that true?....Probrand??? I can certainly envision a situation where Ridgid may have underestimated the volume of batteries it would be necessary to build to meet the demand of the LSI program. However, as one old time member recently posted, "come on, It's been seven years, it's time to get this fixed". I concur that it is time to get it fixed and it is time for The Ridgid forum moderators to come out from behind their wall of silence and give us some information so we can feel comfortable continuing to support Ridgid on this issue.
        On a personal level I feel cheated because I have given Ridgid the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were working to get the problem resolved. I feel that to some extent I owe some posters who complained of ongoing problems with battery replacement an apology. I have had a tendency to assume that many of those people were not following procedures or not taking initiative in finding "good" service centers. It now is very apparent that Ridgid has some severe problems with finding and supporting Ridgid service centers so that their customers are being properly served. It is way beyond time for Ridgid to get this problem resolved and it is way beyond time for the Ridgid moderators of this forum to provide the Ridgid supporters on this forum with some facts.
        I will refuse to support Ridgid further on this forum regarding the Service centers and battery replacement until I see some evidence to the fact that Ridgid has positively addressed the issue......Ray
        Last edited by roadrashray; 04-02-2010, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X