Router tables compatible with Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router tables compatible with Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit

I am looking for a suitable router table for the Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit. Rigid does not seem to manufacture one. Is it possible that it is compatible with this one from Home Depot?
    RYOBI Intermediate Router Table
    Any other suggestions. Not looking for anything too expensive.

Cheers,
    Mike

Re: Router tables compatible with Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit

Why not just make your own. For what that Ryobi one cost, and it's not a very good one at that, you could make yourself a very nice setup. As far as mounting your router goes, just buy a blank insert and drill the mounting holes yourself. Here is a pretty basic table that you could knock out quickly, router table.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I have an earlier version of the Ryobi aluminum router table that came as a combo with the Ryobi R161 router. It's okay for a beginner table, but it also sags in the middle due to the router's weight. I still have it for it's portability, but I store it upside down, to keep the top flat.

I use a Rockler table with my R2930 combo, it works great for my use. I made my own knock-down table leg set that the Rockler table sets on. Here's a link to Rockler: http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=90 and below are pictures of my leg set and the Rockler table mounted. (Note that I simply use shelf foam rubber strips for mounting, as it provide sufficient friction given the top and router weight.)

Badger Dave's suggestion is an excellent way to go, especially if you're trying to minimize your expense. You could also check with your local kitchen/countertop supplier or installer and see if they have any sink cutouts available. These are often just thrown out; but they make for an excellent router table too. (Smaller than the Rockler, but bigger than the Ryobi.) All you have to do is cut a hole for whatever support plate you buy. Some places, like Rockler, even sell a pattern that will aid in doing so, but it's really easy to just set up your own boarder blocks and use the plunge router to remove the necessary stock for the opening.

I hope this helps,

CWS
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CWSmith; 01-17-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishkc79 View Post
        I am looking for a suitable router table for the Heavy Duty 2HP Router Combo Kit. Rigid does not seem to manufacture one. Is it possible that it is compatible with this one from Home Depot?
        RYOBI Intermediate Router Table
        Any other suggestions. Not looking for anything too expensive.

Cheers,
        Mike
        that ryobi table does fit the RIDGID router, I have it and its fine. I also am a rookie when it comes to alot of things. Ya gotta learn somehow!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys.
          If I had permanent work space for it, I would probably build my own table, but the reality is it will be pull out and used only when needed. For that reason, I need something semi-portable anyway, but also need a firm base for it. I might consider making a support table that will work with whatever router table I buy, but also my compound mitre saw. The more tools I can mount on it, the more worthwhile it is to find the space to store a solid table-base.
          Cheers,
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by fishkc79 View Post
            Thanks for all the advice guys.
            If I had permanent work space for it, I would probably build my own table, but the reality is it will be pull out and used only when needed. For that reason, I need something semi-portable anyway, but also need a firm base for it. I might consider making a support table that will work with whatever router table I buy, but also my compound mitre saw. The more tools I can mount on it, the more worthwhile it is to find the space to store a solid table-base.
            Cheers,
            Mike
            Have you looked at this http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,43053&p=43885

In my experience invest in a nice fence system for your router table.

Comment

Working...
            X