Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid OF45150A Compressor Problems

TomC,

Hey, now I wasn't that far off with my suggestion was I. Of couse it's much nicer to have someone who actually has the unit and has gone through the process. Hopefully you'll have success in getting this off and then replacing the bearing.

Good luck and hope it all works out,

CWS

Comment

"Heating the frame probably won't get me anywhere"

And what did I suggest? Humm

Comment

To pull the bearing off the motor shaft, I used an old auto battery terminal puller. Even then, I needed to wrap a hose clamp around the fingers so they would hold their grip on the backside of the bearing.

I pressed the new bearing on the shaft using a large bench vice. It was necessary to push it on using a large nut that had a hole through it with enough clearance for the shaft as it came through. An arbor press would have worked better, but I didn't have one.

I rebuilt the pump, mounted it on the motor, and was about to install the assembly back on the frame when I dropped a screw inside the motor. To get it out, I pulled off the back of the motor. In the process, I damaged a plastic connector board that is attached to the inside surface of the back. I've not been able to find a replacement. If you give up on the pump, I would be interested to purchasing the motor from you.

Comment

Working...
        X