Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Batteries.. Well no batteries

Originally posted by buildthis View Post
    Took in my cordless Fuego set due to battery issues. I was advised by my local service center no batteries in stock and they dont expect to get any until April 2010!!!!

So basically my 6 month old set with barely 5 hours of use, does not work and Ridgid cant meet the demand for replacement. So meanwhile I am unable to finish an entire kitchen cabinet remodel for 3 months due to no tools!! BS
    Sooooooooooo that was your original complaint where you are crying about being without your tools for until April.........
    Yesterday at 8:30 AM I suggested you call other dealers in your area.

At 12:30PM you posted this old misinformation.....
    Based on what I was advised is that Ridgid as 20,000 batteries on order and that there is approx 1500 orders on back order for batteries.

The soonest ETA for replacement is April
    At l1:24PM I again strongly suggested tha tyou call other service centers

At 8:05PM you posted this.....
    My service guy called Ridgid, those numbers where given to him from Ridgid. No reason for him to make something up..
    I will tell you why they would make something up. They did not want to tell you that Ridgid has plenty of 18V LI batts in stock, but they are to cheap to carry any in inventory, so they blame it on Ridgid.
    ......Anyway I got sick of this nonsense and Ridgid bashing tha tgoes on way to much on this forum. At 9:00 AM this morning I ran a search on the Ridgid service centers within a 20 mile area of Tampa and came up with the following
    Name Location Phone/Fax
    MILES ABLE REBUILDERS
    5824 W LINEBAUGH AVENUE
    TAMPA, FL 33624 Tel: (813) 463-9751
    Fax: (813) 676-0010
    MILES ALLLENS ELECTRIC & APPLIANCE
    6641 US HWY 301 S
    RIVERVIEW, FL 33569 Tel: (813) 677-3830
    Fax: No Fax Available
    MILES ALLENS ELETRIC & APPLIANCE
    6641 US HWY 301 S
    RIVERVIEW, FL 33579 Tel: (813) 677-3830
    MILES WARDS MOWER & SMALL ENGINE REPAIR
    4016 GALLAGHER ROAD
    PLANT CITY, FL 33565 Tel: (813) 986-3501
    MILES AIR HYDRAULIC ELECTRIC SERVICE
    515 22ND STREET SOUTH
    ST. PETE, FL 33712 Tel: (727) 526-4513
    Fax: (727) 527-0299
    Taking about 10 minutes I called the three closest to Tampa. I did not call the dealer in St. Pete. The following is what they told me.
    1)Able Rebuilders-They don't have any in stock, but have just contacted Ridgid due to a customer request and "there are plenty at the warehouse" and it should take them 7-10 days to get some inventory. Sounds like it might be your guy.
    2) Allen's Electric-No Inventory, some on order, should be about a week or so.
    3)Ward's Mower-They have 10 of the Ridgid 18V 1.5Ah LI batts in stock, which if I remember correctly, is the size the Fuego tool set comes with.
    ...............So I will again strongly suggest that you contact the Ridgid service center in your area that has actually invested in some inventory and can help you, or I guess you can continue to listen to the nonsense of the guy you have been talking to and posting whining messages on this forum and not have the use of your tools until April 1st.(which of course is April fools day)
    Good luck....Ray

Comment

I agree with Ray. Not all service centers are created equal. Remember that they are independently owned and managed. When it came to my replacing my batteries under warranty/service agreement, I called first to eliminate an unnecessary trip and down time - it just makes sense to do so. I hadn't given thought to the fact that some service centers aren't or cannot afford the cash outlay to stock batteries and specialty parts and process the customer's battery claims differently than those that do make the outlay to stock battery and repair items. Doesn't mean that they aren't a top notch repair facility, but it may mean that it takes longer to get their parts orders filled for their customers because of their method of operation.

Comment

Good post, Ray. While the frustration in your post is evident, calmness is also a plus (hint, hint). But I do understand where the frustration comes from - as you said, with the "Ridgid bashing", from people posting whiny complaints about how a tool company has let them down, but then they themselves don't want to take any steps themselves to rectify it.

We live in an entitled society now - gimme, gimme, gimme, but I don't want to do anything for it myself though.

(Sorry, this is not directly aimed at Buildthis, but I'm just elaborating on how I understand why Ray is frustrated).

Ray, I'm glad you had the time on your hands to look up and check on this service center info. Glad to see it appears to be what is usually experienced if you dig deeper - just an issue with a particular service center, while other ones have no issues.

I hope Buildthis uses these leads to his advantage, and gets things rolling for his tools.

Comment

This was my only cordless set amongst my entire army of woodworking tools in my shop!

No option to hand drill pocket hole screws for cabinets!
          I still have not received my LSA card for the papers I submitted 6 months ago.
          Next time I am lured (spelling) in by a lifetime battery warranty I will think twice.
          I will try to keep you guys updated as I will be calling my local service facility for more details today.
          So, Do you still have the drill but not the battery? If Ridgid doesn't want to live up to the service level expectations they put out there, then use their own system against them.

Drive out to HD and take a look at the side of a new Ridgid drill. It clearly says that you have a 90 day return on the item guaranteed by Ridgid. Buy the drill and use it. Just make sure you return it within 90 days. HD then sends it back to Ridgid as a returned item, and gets credited. Yes, you have to float the bill for the 90 days, but you get your money back. You get the tool to finish your job while Ridgid dicks you around.

What is the problem?

matt

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
            Sooooooooooo that was your original complaint where you are crying about being without your tools for until April.........
            Yesterday at 8:30 AM I suggested you call other dealers in your area.

At 12:30PM you posted this old misinformation.....

At l1:24PM I again strongly suggested tha tyou call other service centers

At 8:05PM you posted this.....

I will tell you why they would make something up. They did not want to tell you that Ridgid has plenty of 18V LI batts in stock, but they are to cheap to carry any in inventory, so they blame it on Ridgid.
            ......Anyway I got sick of this nonsense and Ridgid bashing tha tgoes on way to much on this forum. At 9:00 AM this morning I ran a search on the Ridgid service centers within a 20 mile area of Tampa and came up with the following
            Name Location Phone/Fax
            MILES ABLE REBUILDERS
            5824 W LINEBAUGH AVENUE
            TAMPA, FL 33624 Tel: (813) 463-9751
            Fax: (813) 676-0010
            MILES ALLLENS ELECTRIC & APPLIANCE
            6641 US HWY 301 S
            RIVERVIEW, FL 33569 Tel: (813) 677-3830
            MILES ALLENS ELETRIC & APPLIANCE
            6641 US HWY 301 S
            RIVERVIEW, FL 33579 Tel: (813) 677-3830
            MILES WARDS MOWER & SMALL ENGINE REPAIR
            4016 GALLAGHER ROAD
            PLANT CITY, FL 33565 Tel: (813) 986-3501
            MILES AIR HYDRAULIC ELECTRIC SERVICE
            515 22ND STREET SOUTH
            ST. PETE, FL 33712 Tel: (727) 526-4513
            Fax: (727) 527-0299
            Taking about 10 minutes I called the three closest to Tampa. I did not call the dealer in St. Pete. The following is what they told me.
            1)Able Rebuilders-They don't have any in stock, but have just contacted Ridgid due to a customer request and "there are plenty at the warehouse" and it should take them 7-10 days to get some inventory. Sounds like it might be your guy.
            2) Allen's Electric-No Inventory, some on order, should be about a week or so.
            3)Ward's Mower-They have 10 of the Ridgid 18V 1.5Ah LI batts in stock, which if I remember correctly, is the size the Fuego tool set comes with.
            ...............So I will again strongly suggest that you contact the Ridgid service center in your area that has actually invested in some inventory and can help you, or I guess you can continue to listen to the nonsense of the guy you have been talking to and posting whining messages on this forum and not have the use of your tools until April 1st.(which of course is April fools day)
            Good luck....Ray

Wow!

Some of us actually live normal lives and dont lurk on forums all day to call around to 4 or 5 shops on others behalf.

I did call other shops who did not have any in stock. I finally found one that could assist me.

I also like to give people or business's a chance to prove themselves. Thus my first service center has failed.

Grow some thicker skin if Ridgid bashing is going to get your panties in a wad every time.
            Last edited by buildthis; 01-21-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Wish there were 5 service centers within 20 miles here. closest one is 40 some miles away, past that have to go to 120 miles to the quad cities.
              so i would be thankfull to be inconvenienced to have to call around to find a good service center.

Comment

evidently is was 2 bad batteries and a bad charger.

New Batteries and new charger!

Comment

So you got your batteries and charger replaced/fixed? No need for an excessive wait due to a battery backorder?

Comment

Nope....called around the day after I was told it would be until April and found a service center to assist me.

Comment

I just called Ridgid customer service and was told if I had a bad battery and sent it to them today it would take about 1 month for replacement.
                      I asked why so long and was told they come from China and there would be others ahead of me waiting for battery replacement. They would not say that there's a battery issue.
                      Makes wonder if I should keep using my Black and Decker 18 volt cordless drill.

Comment

If you would just go out and buy a couple of the 3.0ah Lion batteries there wouldnt be any down time . Sure the batteries are heavier and cost $100 each but just think of what your losing out on money wise from jobs lost and you can add the receipt into the mix when it comes to write offs during tax time.
                        Some ppl just like to ***** I guess. Quit bitching and buy some spare batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by jmills002 View Post
                          I just called Ridgid customer service and was told if I had a bad battery and sent it to them today it would take about 1 month for replacement.
                          I asked why so long and was told they come from China and there would be others ahead of me waiting for battery replacement. They would not say that there's a battery issue.
                          Makes wonder if I should keep using my Black and Decker 18 volt cordless drill.
                          Try calling one of the Ridgid Service Center's in your area. They are set up to carry inventory and determine if your batteries are bad or the charger or tool.
                          See list of service centers below. Call around to find one which has the batteries you need.
                          Good luck...Ray
                          Name Location Phone/Fax
                          MILES Total Tool Service, Inc
                          266 Sailors Drive, #1
                          Ellijay, GA 30540 Tel: (706) 276-3141
                          Fax: (561) 795-1450
                          MILES S & S Tool Repair Inc
                          832 Watson Lake RD
                          Ranger, GA 30734 Tel: (706) 692-1855
                          Fax: (706) 337-2564
                          MILES Doug's Small Engines
                          1998 Highway 82
                          Statham, GA 30666 Tel: (770) 725-2737
                          Fax: (770) 725-2737
                          MILES CMZ Services Inc
                          5505 BELLS FERRY ROAD BLDG 400 SUITE 100
                          ACWORTH, GA 30102 Tel: (770) 926-4473
                          MILES Gwinnett Mower Repair
                          2425 Eastgate Place
                          Snellville, GA 30078 Tel: (770) 985-1575
                          Fax: (678) 344-1272

Comment

Nope....called around the day after I was told it would be until April and found a service center to assist me.
                            Yes, I understood the issue with the previous service center. But then Ray gave you all that info, and you just earlier posted that it "was 2 bad batteries and a bad charger. New Batteries and new charger!"

Soooo, does that mean that you went to another service center and had them fixed/replaced? Do you have functional items back in your hand, and they aren't on a "wait list" of some sort?

Comment

Buildthis,

Smart move on checking around with other service centers. I kinda figured that you wouldn't wait too long before taking a meaningful tack on getting an answer. It's not always the manufacturer's fault that things don't get done. Good luck with solving your problem.

Comment

Yeah I called around the day after I was told it would take 3 months. I would have called sooner but I'm a busy guy.

And yes they had to replace both batteries and the charger. Everything is running great except my chuck keeps coming loose thus dropping my bit mid drill. Will have to take it back it to get it looked at.

Comment

Working...
                                X