Batteries.. Well no batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries.. Well no batteries

Took in my cordless Fuego set due to battery issues. I was advised by my local service center no batteries in stock and they dont expect to get any until April 2010!!!!

So basically my 6 month old set with barely 5 hours of use, does not work and Ridgid cant meet the demand for replacement. So meanwhile I am unable to finish an entire kitchen cabinet remodel for 3 months due to no tools!! BS

Re: Batteries.. Well no batteries

Originally posted by buildthis View Post
    Took in my cordless Fuego set due to battery issues. I was advised by my local service center no batteries in stock and they dont expect to get any until April 2010!!!!

So basically my 6 month old set with barely 5 hours of use, does not work and Ridgid cant meet the demand for replacement. So meanwhile I am unable to finish an entire kitchen cabinet remodel for 3 months due to no tools!! BS
    still within 90 return period, take it back!

Comment

.. So meanwhile I am unable to finish an entire kitchen cabinet remodel for 3 months due to no tools!! BS
      Have you ever heard of hand saws or corded tools? Sure sounds like "BS" to me.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
        still within 90 return period, take it back!
        No, he said the set was 6 months old.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          Have you ever heard of hand saws or corded tools? Sure sounds like "BS" to me.

Go
          Yes, I too thought from his previous posts that he has more than just one cordless set of tools, and/or more than just these tools.

Either way, a 3 month delay time on battery replacement does truely suck if that's the case. These comments and stories, whether they are accurate/true or not, do seem to be popping up more frequently from more posters in the past few months.

I wonder what TTI/Ridgid has to say on this actual issue, if there is one. Fellas?

Comment

When you get shafted, you apply "reverse marketing".

1. Buy the same kit.
            2. Swap batteries.
            3. Return kit
            4. ???
            5. Profit!

You can also explain your situation at HD (to a manager, and be nice) and they *might* just exchange it and send the old one back for credit (entire kit).

Or just by some other brand.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
              When you get shafted, you apply "reverse marketing".

1. Buy the same kit.
              2. Swap batteries.
              3. Return kit
              4. ???
              5. Profit!

You can also explain your situation at HD (to a manager, and be nice) and they *might* just exchange it and send the old one back for credit (entire kit).

Or just by some other brand.
              well said

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                No, he said the set was 6 months old.
                sorry, brain fart!

Comment

This was my only cordless set amongst my entire army of woodworking tools in my shop!

No option to hand drill pocket hole screws for cabinets!

I still have not received my LSA card for the papers I submitted 6 months ago.

Next time I am lured (spelling) in by a lifetime battery warranty I will think twice.

I will try to keep you guys updated as I will be calling my local service facility for more details today.

Comment

This was my only cordless set amongst my entire army of woodworking tools in my shop!

No option to hand drill pocket hole screws for cabinets!

I still have not received my LSA card for the papers I submitted 6 months ago.

Next time I am lured (spelling) in by a lifetime battery warranty I will think twice.

I will try to keep you guys updated as I will be calling my local service facility for more details today.
                    1)I would call other service centers in the area to see if any have an inventory of batteries. They are independent stores and I would be fairly certain that some are better run than others. The Ridgid service center store owner I talked with in our area told me that Ridgid does not provide any financing or flooring for the dealers and that the profit margin for carrying batteries is very small. He told me that he does it because the large number of people coming to his store for battery replacement become customers for other products he carries.
                    2)The suggestion of returning the set and talking (curteously) with a manager about your situation and asking him to help you by exchanging the set is a good one. I have found Home Depot to be very reasonable, in fact over the top in customer service.
                    3)If both the above fails, the suggestion of buying a new set and exchanging the batteries and returning the new with the old batteries will get yuou back to work also.........good luck, Ray

Comment

Based on what I was advised is that Ridgid as 20,000 batteries on order and that there is approx 1500 orders on back order for batteries.

The soonest ETA for replacement is April.

I dont think I will go the route of buying a new set and returning with the old batteries as I am too honest of a guy. Plus I have already sent the SN#'s in for LSA registration.

My local service guy is going to see what he can do and get back to me.

Comment

Based on what I was advised is that Ridgid as 20,000 batteries on order and that there is approx 1500 orders on back order for batteries.

I dont think I will go the route of buying a new set and returning with the old batteries as I am too honest of a guy. Plus I have already sent the SN#'s in for LSA registration.

I still strongly suggest calling a couple of other service centers. I took in a bag of 4-24V, 4-18V LI, and 3-14.4V Nicad batts last week and the service center had all except the 24V in stock and he assured me he would have them in this week. He tested all the batts in a few minutes and gave me all except the 24V.
                        I asked him about back orders on batteries as there have been some complaints on this forum over the last few months regarding back ordres on some batts especially the 18V LI's. He stated there had been a problem a couple of months ago but that he was not having any problems getting any of the Ridgid batts currently.
                        Good luck....Ray

Comment

See, but these numbers could be complete heresay and/or exaggeration. It all depends on where the source numbers came from that your service guy told you. It also may completely depend from area to area, like what Ray just mentioned.

It'd be interesting to see if something is mentioned by either Ridgid and/or TTI on this.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                            See, but these numbers could be complete heresay and/or exaggeration. It all depends on where the source numbers came from that your service guy told you. It also may completely depend from area to area, like what Ray just mentioned.

It'd be interesting to see if something is mentioned by either Ridgid and/or TTI on this.
                            My service guy called Ridgid, those numbers where given to him from Ridgid. No reason for him to make something up..

Comment

i just had to replace both my batterys Li 18 volt the guy at the st pete location had it done and my new batterys in like 7 days awsome they really stood behind the product so far im pleased with ridgid and the warranty i love my dewalt but ridgid aint bad and with the warrenty why use anybody else!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X