Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

R4511 Which screws to secure cabinet to legs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Which screws to secure cabinet to legs?

The manual says to secure it with screws. From the pic it looks like 8 screws but it doesn't say which screws.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Re: R4511 Which screws to secure cabinet to legs?

Aren't the assembly instructions wonderfull??!!

If you look at page 15 of the repair guide, not the assembly instructions, it shows M8 x 16 hex head bolts. Each hardware package has a contents description attached. You will just have to look at each one untill you find the correct ones. I found I had to reference the repair guide a few times to clarify certain things.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Shepley View Post
      Aren't the assembly instructions wonderfull??!!
      So I went over to the Steel City Toolworks web site to take a look at their version of this Granite Table Saw and compare their assembly instructions to RIDGIDS. I found the saw but the owner's manual link is dead.
      Did they discontinue their version as well? They had 5 models with granite tops.

Comment

Unfortunately this saw was obviously used.
        There is an incomplete bag(plastic grocery bag) of screws that came with it, none are marked.
        I called ridgid last week to get replacements but I've yet to receive them. I was hoping to assemble some of this saw before they arrive(if they ever do). I would have returned the saw but anyone who has one(and unloaded it by themselves) understands why I didn't.
        I didn't notice that it was a used saw until after I unloaded it and cut down the box and iron crate.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

A set of calipers and a thread gauge is nice to have, and will help you identify the bolt sizes. Combine that with the REPAIR SHEET, and you should be able to get going on the install, assuming you aren't missing parts.

I use my metric thread pitch gauges quite a bit. Unlike SAE, which tend to be "fine" or "coarse", and whose sizes are pretty easy to discern by sight, metric threads tend tho have more subtle variations. The thread gauges save a lot of time trying to match threads.

Comment

Working...
          X