X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSA Has Arrived!

So I just got the email that my LSA was processed and my LSA # was issued. My question is this... I just recently (last weekend)received 2 new batteries and a charger under the 3 year warranty so.... Do I need to update my dashboard with the new batteries and charger serial #? If so do I delete the old Charger and Battery info?

Re: LSA Has Arrived!

We haven't really received word on this one way or the other from Ridgid as to what we should be doing with this. Some have said yes (it can't hurt), others have said that the service centers are supposed to inform Ridgid for you (sure, because we all know that service centers do everything correctly ), and others have said that it's best to call customer service, and speak with someone to have them change it directly themselves.

For the life of me, I still don't understand why we would need to deal with this in the first place - why are the batteries being "replaced", and not just being "repaired"? Me myself, if/when I need to bring my batteries in for issues, I will be requesting that they just replace the "guts" of my batteries (cells, and/or monitoring circuit), and that the battery housing itself stays the same.

I would just think that this would lead to less issues down the road - same housing, same serial number, less issues.

When we bring in a drill for a chuck repair, they don't give us a whole new drill to register, do they? No, they just change out the chuck.

Just my thoughts. However unsolicited they were.

Comment

For now I will just keep my receipt from the service center along with all my other warranty info....

Comment

Originally posted by buildthis View Post
        So I just got the email that my LSA was processed and my LSA # was issued. My question is this... I just recently (last weekend)received 2 new batteries and a charger under the 3 year warranty so.... Do I need to update my dashboard with the new batteries and charger serial #? If so do I delete the old Charger and Battery info?
        How long ago did you register? Just wondering how fast it was processed... I have been waiting a while.

Comment

about 7 months ago. I actually called today to follow up on the status and spoke to a wonderful rude woman who told me it had not been processed and they where still working on processing them. Really?!!!! Got home and the email was in my inbox! I guess when I hung up on her they magically found it.

Comment

Originally posted by acs_guitars View Post
            How long ago did you register? Just wondering how fast it was processed... I have been waiting a while.
            If you have been waiting for more than a couple of months it would probably expedite things by calling Ridgid customer service. Be sure to keep copies of all UPC+Receipts. My power tools were posted on the Dashboard for nearly a year as Three Years (LSA Eligible) and after one NICE phone call to customer service (southern gal) who requested a fax of UPC+ receipts ALL power tools x4, batteries x4, chargers x2 etc had LLSA within 2 days.

Contact the LSA processing group (Ridgid customer service) at 1-866-539-1710, to have them check their files for the status of your submission.
            Last edited by reConx; 01-27-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X