X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R82920 LED Flashlight Question

I purchased a 12V Li-ion kit that included the R82920 LED flashlight. The battery in the flashlight does not click and lock into place and I'm wondering if others have the same issue with the flashlight or if I should have it replaced. I tried both batteries with the same result. The battery doesn't fall out, but if I pull on it a little it will slide right out without having to press the release button. Anyone else have this flashlight? If yes, does the battery behave the same or does yours lock in place?

Re: R82920 LED Flashlight Question

Hello
    I didn't have this problem Rigid, but mine was with Craftsman Nextex 12 Volt. When using one of the batteries it locked into every tool, but with the other battery (supplied with 2) the battery would lock lock into place on the drill. It would stay in but would pullout without pushing in the clips. Didn't like that, so took the whole kit back. Ron

Comment

Ronald, Thanks for the reply. It's not such a problem that I want to return the kit. I'm very happy with it beside this one minor issue. What I'd really like to know is, if someone else has this exact same flashlight, do they have the same issue. If that's the case it may be a design problem and not worth trying to get it replaced or repaired since I may end up in the same situation with a replacement.

Comment

Hello
        Just about all the 12 volt battery are of the same design (Ridgid, Bosch, Milwaukee, Craftsman and etc) with a minor design on how the battery wings(? for lack of a better word) lock into place. On my Craftsman, if I put a little piece of foam where it would push the wing out just a little, it would lock just fine. The reason I returned is that I figure if I spending 100.00, why should I have to modify it to work. Hope that helps. Ron

Comment

Thanks, that helps alot. I didn't realize that the different branded 12 volt batteries were just about the same. I just put a small piece of cardboard behind the locking tab to push it out a little and it locks OK now.

Comment

Hello
            Glad it worked out. You may want to try the foam or piece of rubber so it will still push it out but then also gives enough to push in. Take care, Ron

Comment

Originally posted by tgrebe View Post
              Ronald, Thanks for the reply. It's not such a problem that I want to return the kit. I'm very happy with it beside this one minor issue. What I'd really like to know is, if someone else has this exact same flashlight, do they have the same issue. If that's the case it may be a design problem and not worth trying to get it replaced or repaired since I may end up in the same situation with a replacement.
              I had the same issue with mine but i sold it on ebay for 35 bucks. i didnt like the functionality of the light. In my opinion it needs to stand on its own with a swivel head to point at what your working on or why have it. I was def happy about the led part though.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                I had the same issue with mine but i sold it on ebay for 35 bucks. i didnt like the functionality of the light. In my opinion it needs to stand on its own with a swivel head to point at what your working on or why have it. I was def happy about the led part though.
                Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                X