Emerson tp1300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emerson tp1300

Does anyone have experience with this planer? It is the older "gray" tool made in U.S. I believe these had the lifetime warranty not the lsa. I might be able to grab one for $200, and I was wondering if it's worth it.

Re: Emerson tp1300

I have one. It is a good planer. They sold for $350 when they were new. $200 sounds a bit high unless it is in near new condition.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Re: Emerson tp1300

Great planer! As I understand it, there really is no difference between the older "gray" TP1300 and those models that wore "orange" and were in production up to about two years ago.

Should should note (not that it should make any difference, IMO) that the "gray" color does not necessarily mean that the tool was made in the U.S.A.. For a couple of years at least, Emerson/Ridgid subcontracted it's production of many of the gray tools overseas. I have a gray DP1550 drell press and other than color, there is no difference between it and the current "orange" DP1550. My gray drillpress was not made in the U.S.A.

I would think that the country of origin will depend on the date of manufacture, and not the color.

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X