Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registering replacement batteries for LSA......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering replacement batteries for LSA......

I have recently replaced some of our batteries under the LSA agreement. I had assumed I would be able to register the new batteries using Dashboard without the necessity of assistance from Ridgid customer service. There was a process for doing this under the old "My eBox" system.
    Well, turns out I was wrong! (I always like to get that done with early in the year). In a conversation with good old Tom C.(Clinksdale?) of Ridgid customer service, he set me straight. He tells me that we must contact Ridgid customer service on the old tele and give them the serial numbers for the old batts that were replaced and the serial numbers for the new batts we received from the Ridgid service center which will now be registered to be covered by the LSA.
    I told him that I preferred the old system, whereby a customer (me) could update my LSA account on line, without the bother of calling, and waiting for the assistance of Ridgid busy customer service minions.....also cutting into my busy schedule of course! Good old Tom seemed to commiserate with me, however mumbled something to the effect, that "they had invested significant time, work, and money developing this new Dashboard system" and this is the way it is going to work. He did promise to communicate my suggestions to "them". I am confident "they" will hop right on my suggestions, however in the meantime,this is the procedure for updating your LSA account when replacing batteries.
    1) In your dashboard account, go to the location of the batteries you have replaced. Bring up the product detail page with the serial number.
    2) Call Ridgid customer service and tell them you have new batteries and you want them to update your account by replacing the old serial numbers with the new.
    3) Give her(him) the old serial number's so she can find them in her(his) system. Give her the new numbers which can be entered and viola.....your account should be updated. I hope it works this way, as I actually haven't had the time to update mine yet. Hope to fairly soon and will update this thread with any corrections....as I am sure any of you will if somehow any of this is erroneous. Please don't threaten me with a class action lawsuit!.....Ray

Re: Registering replacement batteries for LSA......

This thread should be made a permanent sticky in all of the Power Tool Forums.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      This thread should be made a permanent sticky in all of the Power Tool Forums.
      Badger.....Let's wait until someone actually tries it and confirms that I got the process right......Ray

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
        Badger.....Let's wait until someone actually tries it and confirms that I got the process right......Ray
        I thought you did already.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I thought you did already.
          Nope.....Read the last para in my original post.

Comment

Working...
          X