Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid 3650, bevel cranks back past 0 degs, what's the procedure to stop it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3650, bevel cranks back past 0 degs, what's the procedure to stop it?

My manual was stolen, but fortunately they didn't get the saw.

If I turn the bevel all the way to the upright stop the saw blade is actually cocked a bit past 0 deg...how can I set the stop?

Got to use it for the first time this weekend:

Thanks

Chris

Re: Ridgid 3650, bevel cranks back past 0 degs, what's the procedure to stop it?

Buy a Wixie angle finder or one of the other brands that do the same thing. IMO, you're just asking for troubles if you trust the bevel indicator that comes on any saw, not just Ridgid's.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Ridgid 3650, bevel cranks back past 0 degs, what's the procedure to stop it?

There are 2 allen head screws in the top of the table. These are the adjustment screws for 0 and 45 degrees. Don't remember off hand which one is for which.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Buy a Wixie angle finder or one of the other brands that do the same thing. IMO, you're just asking for troubles if you trust the bevel indicator that comes on any saw, not just Ridgid's.

Well I do check my angles, but 0 degree should be the one I have set in stone more or less

Thanks for the adjustment procedure. I also found they have the manual still online.

Comment

Glad you found the manual online. I was just going to state that there should be a couple of set screws used as "stops" that would limit your adjustments to 0º and 45º.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
            There are 2 allen head screws in the top of the table. These are the adjustment screws for 0 and 45 degrees. Don't remember off hand which one is for which.
            Left was the 90...thanks.

My saw is a 3660 actually, but I guess the 3650 is almost identical.

Comment

Working...
            X