X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid DP 1550 Drill Press Deal

My first post & I must say hello to all & what a great site for information...Thanks to all! Now, today I visited the Home Depot located in Panama City Beach, FL & wow! did I find a deal. They had the Ridgid 15" drill press marked down (Yellow Tagged) for $149.00. Of course there were none located on the floor below the sticker in the normal stock location. I looked up to scan all Ridgid boxes located at the very top upper bins & behold; there was one hiding there as I know so many people don't even think to look there, including employees...I get an employee & say "I'll take that box right up there". Hold up there's more. I just happen to have a 10% coupon that Home Depot sent me about a week ago, so final cost out the door was $143.97.
    I checked the Home Depot store located in Panama City & it was not marked down there (Still $299), therefore I'm unsure why the beach store had it yellow tagged for half price.
    I thought I would share just in case you wanted to check your local store for the deal.

Again, thanks to all!

Re: Ridgid DP 1550 Drill Press Deal

dougb,

Very nice deal... and a good way to introduce yourself to the Ridgid forum! So welcome! There's lots of great information here with the memberships many experiences.

I have the DP1550 and have really enjoyed it. No problems with it's use and it has easily handled my woodworking needs.

The table is typical of any drill press, which means that it's not particularly in tune with woodworking. While not essential, like many other owners, I added a table that is designed for woodworking and I heartedly recommend that you consider one in time. My particular choice was from Rockler, (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0press%20table)

Other than that advice, I hope you have a great time with the new drill press. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and once again... NICE DEAL!

CWS

Comment

$143.97 is very good deal.
      rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

LOL - You bought MY drill press!

I found the drill press and bandsaw last week, but didn't pick up the drill press because I needed to put it on a different card. Made a verbal commitment to one of the tool guys and got "no prob, no one will see the other one and you can get it next week."

Walked back in Monday at lunch time and you'd beaten me to MY DP!

Ahh, well. I got the last 4511 and a bandsaw, so I don't have much room to whine about it, do I?

The BS and the DP haven't been marked down in other stores I've checked.

Comment

Well today I stopped in HD in Panama City, FL located on 23rd Street and they now have it marked down to $149. There was only one on the floor & it had a piece of paper stuck to it with someone's name on it, stating item would be pickup on a later date. I would not doubt if someone else would just pull that paper off, load it to a cart & checkout.

Comment

Doug,

Did you ask an Orange Apron about the note? Usually, Home Depot won't hold a product for more than a few hours... at least that has been my experience.

(I purchased several bathroom fixtures and two cabinets a couple of years ago and when my contractor went over the next morning to pick them up, they had been sold to somebody else... I ended up waiting two weeks until they got new stock on those items.)

I'd go back and ask about it.

CWS

Comment

I did not ask any employee about the note. I'll stop by tomorrow after work & see if it's still sitting on the floor.

Comment

I stumbled across this deal as well. I live in Mississippi, but work out of New Orleans. There are several Home Depots along the way and I was checking some of them for the RIDGID 4 1/2" Grinders that were on clearance (I already had one, but my Dad saw it and wanted me to get him one if I come across another).

I have been wanting to get a RIDGID Band Saw and RIDGID Drill Press and was sort of waiting until another one of those 'spend more-save more' tool events came around. Well, I was walking through the tool section in the New Orleans East HD on Monday, 08Feb, and as I walked by the Band Saw and Drill Press I noticed that both were marked down. They did not have a clearance yellow tag, but were labeled with a white lower price tag. The Band Saw (BS1400) was marked at $187.50 and the Drill Press (DP1550) was marked at $149.50. I scanned the overhead and saw one Band Saw and five or six Drill Presses.

I didn't buy either and stopped at two other HDs on the way home. Only one of the stores carried the Drill Press and it was still marked at $299. Both stores still had the Band Saw marked at $369 (I even had the Mississippi store check the computer because I was hoping to get the lower tax rate in MS, bit is was also listed at the higher price).

I went back to the New Orleans East store the following morning at about 0630 and paid for both the Band Saw and a Drill Press at the Pro Desk so that they could pull them and mark them as 'Will Call.' I went back and picked them up after work that afternoon and they were both sitting on a flat cart waiting at the Pro Desk.

Tax is slightly higher in Louisiana than in Mississippi, but I was able to get 10% off and the Band Saw was $180.99 and the Drill Press was $146.66 with tax and out of the door. I am very pleased as both tools cost less that what I was planning to pay for the Band Saw alone.

Out of four different stores that I have been in over the past week that had the Band Saw, only one had it marked down and I only saw the Drill Presses in two of the stores.

The New Orleans East store still had at least four Drill Presses as of last night, 11Feb.
                Acts 16:31

Comment

Only one of my local HDs had the 14" bandsaw + 15" drill press marked down, 184 + 149, respectively. Both are incredible prices for good woodworking stationary power tools for folks on a budget plus the LLSA advantage. Bandsaw may need some modifications that have been expressed here on the Ridgid forum that will help any bandsaw newbie get the saw up to speed.

Comment

Refer to my last post above...The Panama City, FL store still had the one on the floor with a "Will/Delivery" label stuck to it. There was an individual's name listed with a 15 Feb 10 pickup date annotated. I inquiryed with a HD employee & she stated the label indicated it was already purchased & they are holding it until pickup. She check to see if there were any more in stock (none) and indicated the SKU # no longer comes up. The HD employee stated that "probably" means they are discontining that model number & "maybe" coming out with a different one soon. She did indicate that a HD store in Tallahasee shows the item in stock, but was unsure of the price, as that's determined by the HD region location.

Now I must find that $187 bandsaw deal...Cheers to all!

Comment

Doug if you find a BS see if your HD will accept a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon, mine did and I got th BS for $157.93 including tax also pick up the DP $150.00 minus 20%. Good luck Pat

Comment

I'll definately check into the Harbor Freight (HF) 20% discount at the local HD. If so, how do I get the 20% coupon from HF?
                        As of today, my local HD did not have the BS marked down (still @ $369)...Thanks for looking out.

Comment

Well, I just took advantage of the Ridgid drill press deal. I live in Athens Georgia and I was on my way to Atlanta last night for the annual Valentine's Day dinner. I had been looking for the Ridgid jointer at $199 so I decided to stop in a HD along the way to see if they might have it since my HD doesn't, but no, of course not. However, they did have the drill press. I was in the SUV and going to dinner so I decided to pass on it. This morning I had two appointments to show two of my rental houses that are about to be vacant. As I was waiting, I decided that if I rented them both, then I would go ahead and get the drill press even though I don't use one very often and I have a bench top one already. Lo and behold, I rented them both and since I am a man of my word I decided to drive 20 miles up the road an pick it up. To make things even better, I always have a couple of coupons in the truck with me so I used a 20% Harbor Freight coupon and walked out the door for $127. Feeling pretty good about the deal. They have one more left and a couple of the bandsaws if anybody is interested in this area. It is the Home Depot off of Hwy 316 in Winder.

Good drilling,
                          Kevin

Comment

Both the drill press and the bandsaw are still selling for full price here. Why do the local HD's here always make me wish I lived in another part of the country?
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger I feel the same way, after reading all the post of guys finding deals, this was my first score.

Doug I bought a Popular Mechanics mag just to get the coupon, and I had another from a PM mag that was a couple months old...

Comment

Working...
                              X