X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 3300 psi Pressure Washer

I was at the Home Depot today and saw the Ridgid 3300 psi model #RD80702 marked with big yellow "special buy" stickers. It is a special buy for $499, with the regular price being $699. I have done a little research and it seems that people are overall happy with this particular unit. This seems like a pretty good deal. I wonder if it is nationwide or regional? Also does Ridgid do these kind of "special buys" often, or should I jump on this? Feel free to chime in with thoughts on this unit (overall, pump, engine). Thanks!

Re: RIDGID 3300 psi Pressure Washer

It's a great unit for just about any chore. Its Robin/Subaru engine is the EFI unit, it utilizes a Cat pump, and it has a relatively low failure rate. Warranty is two years on the engine and three on the rest of the unit. Comes standard with four pressure nozzles and a soap applicator nozzle.

The overwhelming majority of the failures I've seen with the 80702 have been due to operator negligence such as running the unit without water flow and the use of bleach or caustic detergents in the siphon. Either one can ruin the pump and also voids the warranty.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Buy it. The only ones that they sell out here in SoCal are the 3000 psi, and they are going for $549.00.

Timing is everything. Your post hit a high note. We are in the process this week of buying a new PW and I have been looking at the Ridgid units.

The 3,000 psi seemed anywhere from 200 - 600 psi less then other brands for the same price we have been looking at.

If they have a posted ad for this special can you PM me. My local HD contractor desk will honor another HD special. Would love to walk in there with a HD special from back east , and ask them to match it.

Also our local Costco is selling a SnapOn 3200 PSI, 7hp unit for $450.00.

I went to Snapon's sight and the unit is not listed. I can only find it through discontinued outlets on the net. Anyone know anything about this unit?

The only reason I would get this is Costco's easy return policy. Except that I did notice that they no longer give you the purchase price on items they no longer carry. They rebate you back what ever the loss value for resale is. That would be the only reason for not buying this unit at Costco, because its not even listed on Snapon's sight.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for you post. Which Home Depot? City/State and perhaps store number? Thanks in advance............

Comment

I called my local HD, they will match the price of other HD

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding. Well it turns out, this unit is not the model #RD80702 like the salesman wrote down for me. I was on crutches at the time so I asked if he would write down the info for me so I could do a little research. I later went back with a buddy to investigate further. I talked to another associate about the pressure washer. I pointed to the RD80702 demo on the shelf and then to the units that were "special buys" and asked directly if they were the same unit. I was told "yes." So just as my buddy was loading one onto a cart I noticed something. The special buy unit advertised 2.8gpm 3300psi. The RD80702 advertised 3.0gpm 3300psi. Then I looked closer at the special buy box and noticed that while it still had the cat pump and subaru engine, it does not have EFI (electronic fuel injection). So in fact these were not the same units as I was previously told. Everything looked the exact same except for the details mentioned above. I barely caught this discrepancy. So that's the bottom line. I did not purchase the unit. If anybody wants more information like location etc. feel free to let me know. Was a big let down. In addition, this "special buy" unit is not listed under the search feature on ridgids website.

Comment

Well, Thanks. Hopefully they will have a spring sale.

cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by THRASH View Post
                In addition, this "special buy" unit is not listed under the search feature on ridgids website.
                http://ridgid.com/Tools/RD80763-Pressure-Washer/

It's also a very good unit with a very low failure rate.

Comment

Originally posted by THRASH View Post
                  Sorry for the delay in responding. Well it turns out, this unit is not the model #RD80702 like the salesman wrote down for me. I was on crutches at the time so I asked if he would write down the info for me so I could do a little research. I later went back with a buddy to investigate further. I talked to another associate about the pressure washer. I pointed to the RD80702 demo on the shelf and then to the units that were "special buys" and asked directly if they were the same unit. I was told "yes." So just as my buddy was loading one onto a cart I noticed something. The special buy unit advertised 2.8gpm 3300psi. The RD80702 advertised 3.0gpm 3300psi. Then I looked closer at the special buy box and noticed that while it still had the cat pump and subaru engine, it does not have EFI (electronic fuel injection). So in fact these were not the same units as I was previously told. Everything looked the exact same except for the details mentioned above. I barely caught this discrepancy. So that's the bottom line. I did not purchase the unit. If anybody wants more information like location etc. feel free to let me know. Was a big let down. In addition, this "special buy" unit is not listed under the search feature on ridgids website.

Bummer, . I was all excited!!!

Comment

Does anyone know if you can adjust the water pressure on this model? I"m a newbie......

thanks

Comment

Yeah, went to my local HD. The RD80763 is yellowed tagged for $449.00.

Can't wait for the RD80702$$$$$$$$

Waiting for the spring sale

Comment

Originally posted by kev87124 View Post
                        Does anyone know if you can adjust the water pressure on this model?
                        Yes, it's adjustable. Do not attempt to do so without a really good 5000 PSI gauge connected, and do not set the unloader for a bypass pressure much above 3000 PSI on a RD80701 or 3300 PSI on the 80763 or 80702.

Comment

Country of Origin

Greetings!

I hope this finds everyone in good spirits!!!

Does anyone know where this PW is made? I called Rigid customer service concerning the 8000 watt generator. I was told it is made in the U.S.A. I went to HD and the box stated "Made in China".

Unfortunately, Ridgid customer service is not truthfull. There veracity is is somewhat questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                            It's a great unit for just about any chore. Its Robin/Subaru engine is the EFI unit, it utilizes a Cat pump, and it has a relatively low failure rate. Warranty is two years on the engine and three on the rest of the unit. Comes standard with four pressure nozzles and a soap applicator nozzle.

The overwhelming majority of the failures I've seen with the 80702 have been due to operator negligence such as running the unit without water flow and the use of bleach or caustic detergents in the siphon. Either one can ruin the pump and also voids the warranty.

Doesn't matter what type of chemicals are used in these units because the pumps have downstream injection, meaning the chemicals never touch the moving parts inside the pump. I've been using bleach, industrial Purple Stuff and things of this nature for years in my PWs and have never had one problem. I do lots of freshwater flushing to ensure the hoses, gun/wand, etc. are properly flushed then follow that up with PumpSaver for any type of storage.

Now if some idiot uses strong chemicals and never flushes then of course there can be problems stemming from it, but if a bit of common sense is used this should never be a problem.

Most manufacturers would have you believe more pressure is the answer for cleaning most items, but truth is the chemicals are what does most of the work. Later!

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
                              Doesn't matter what type of chemicals are used in these units because the pumps have downstream injection... but if a bit of common sense is used this should never be a problem.
                              Even with "downstream injection" the chemicals can backflow throughout the entire pump when it's shut down if the chemical lines aren't flushed. I work on many of these units daily and often see pumps corroded beyond salvage by a combination of bleach and ignorance.

Common sense seems to be the exception far more than the rule. If common sense was truly common, I wouldn't see pumps ruined by chemicals, or pumps split by freezing, or pumps with their valves melted from running the unit without water flowing through the pump, or... The list goes on and on.

You flush your pump. You use pump saver. You are NOT the typical PW user.

Comment

Working...
                              X