X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Bandsaw Question

Hello all, went to HD today and picked up the Ridgid DP for $150. My question for those who own the bandsaw is, at a price of $185 is it worth buying considering the fine tuning you had to do, and how much did you spend on extras doing the fine tuning? or am I better off looking for a used BS from a different manufactor? Thanks in advance, Pat

Re: Ridgid Bandsaw Question

For what bandsawing I do in my shop, it is perfect. I do not make a living cutting wood, it is just a hobby for me.

Save some $$. The Rigid will be fine.

Comment

Thanks mapdude, after posting this I spent a couple hours reading all the post here regarding the Ridgid BS. I went back to HD and bought the BS, used a Harbor Freight coupon and got 20% off the $185, so for $157.93 I feel I got a pretty good saw that will fit my needs, I plan on doing some of the upgrades listed in the forum here. also got a price adjustment on the DP 20% off the $150. So now I have to find some time in the next few weeks to assemble both. Pat

Comment

that's a good buy on the BS. there is a back issue of wood magazine that features michael fortune, a furniture builder who is also a band saw expert. the article recounts fortune's appreciation of the ridgid BS (he has one) and how he gets it to perform as well or better than his $1000 general BS. his tips for maximizing the performance of the ridgid are quite informative. it's worth seeking out the back issue.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
          Thanks mapdude, after posting this I spent a couple hours reading all the post here regarding the Ridgid BS. I went back to HD and bought the BS, used a Harbor Freight coupon and got 20% off the $185, so for $157.93 I feel I got a pretty good saw that will fit my needs, I plan on doing some of the upgrades listed in the forum here. also got a price adjustment on the DP 20% off the $150. So now I have to find some time in the next few weeks to assemble both. Pat
          20% off!?!? You are the man.

About the only tools I need in my shop now are a lathe and a mortising machine ( since I hate to have to set up the drill press with the attachment). Gonna have to check into this HF discount coupon thing..

Comment

What bandsaw did you get for 185.00?? The BS14002? Ron

Comment

Thanx Mapdude, not to offen I get a closeout deal in my area so I'm

Ronald, $157.93 included tax, I havn't had time to open the box yet but the model number on the box is BS1400, no other info on the receipt either... Pat

Comment

Hello
                Was your HD getting rid of the bandsaw because they stopped carrying Ridgid power tools or was it a customer return they have clearanced? That is a good price seeing that the saw is priced at over 350.00 in this area. Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald View Post
                  Was your HD getting rid of the bandsaw because they stopped carrying Ridgid power tools or was it a customer return they have clearanced? That is a good price seeing that the saw is priced at over 350.00 in this area
                  Seems to be a regional store-specific HD mark down. Only one HD in my area had the DP/BS marked down 299>149/369>184.

Comment

I agree with reConx, only one HD in my area is/was clearing out the BS1400 and the 15" drillpress both at 50% off.

Comment

Working...
                    X