No More Ridgid!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Ridgid!

I got rid of my Ridgid 3660 table saw and got a Grizzly. I haven't stopped smiling since.

Re: No More Ridgid!

Congrats on the new saw. It's great to get away from the splitter and onto a riving knife!

Comment

Originally posted by skocars View Post
      I got rid of my Ridgid 3660 table saw and got a Grizzly. I haven't stopped smiling since.
      Which model did you switch to? I kept my TS3650 and added the R4511 to my collection.

I am looking at Grizzly for my second Bandsaw, the G0513X2. Not as a replacement but an addition to the RIDGID BS1400

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
        Which model did you switch to? ...
        Yeah....Grizzly's got close to 30 table saw models.

Comment

which model Table saw did you get from Grizzly? I just got their G0555 band saw.

Comment

The saw I purchased was the Grizzly G 0478. It is one of many Grizzly table saws. It is a Hybrid so has an enclosed case, 2 HP motor, can run at 220 volts but I run it at 110. I have been very happy with this saw. It has all the power I would ever need. There is one drawback in my book. The guard does not reattach in an easy to line up way. It is poorly engineered in this one aspect. Mine does not have the riving knife it still has the splitter.

I had a Ridgid 3660 as my first real saw. I inherited an old Montgomry Wards Powercraft, probably circa 1950's. It was an 8 inch with just very basic capabilities. So I was very impressed with the sheer power of the Ridgid. However, with the Grizzly G 0478, I really feel like I have a best friend.

Comment

I purchased a Grizzly G0478 Hybrid saw. I love it. It has 2 HP, can run at 220 volts but I use it at 110. It has great power and is very well made. The only drawback I see is the guard does not reattach in a way that is easy to line up. This is a major inconvenience. Other than that, it has power, a great fence, Heavy, and I Haven't Quit Smiling since getting it.

Comment

Working...
              X