X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 18v circular saw and recip saw lithium ion and max hc battery life

How long should these last? I have switched out batteries and can get through maybe two 2x8 before the battery is dead, if this is the case I will stick with corded

Re: Ridgid 18v circular saw and recip saw lithium ion and max hc battery life

I think there must be something wrong. my 6 1/2 saw lasts longer then that with normal batteries. Do not have the recip saw so I do not know but know my craftsman cordless recip saw does eat batteries
    20 minutes run time if i am lucky

get your batteries checked

Comment

I have the older Ridgid 6-1/2" circular saw that uses the 18-volt NiCad pac and I've had surprisingly good luck with it. It was, I admit, somewhat thought of as a limited use tool, as it came a part of a "combo" with two other tools that I was after.

But, I found it ideal for ripping up 4 x 8 panels out in the garage where I have only one wall outlet. Surprisingly, I found that it easily could slice up a couple of 4 x 8 sheets with several cuts on each panel.

So, my two old corded circular saws haven't been used since I got the 18-volt. But while they should easily slice up a couple of 4 x 8 sheets, I'm not so sure that they'd get me through a couple of hours of intensive cutting.... but then I don't think I'd get a couple of hours of intensive drilling out of my cordless drills either.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by cusack99 View Post
        How long should these last? I have switched out batteries and can get through maybe two 2x8 before the battery is dead, if this is the case I will stick with corded
        That is far to little cutting for a fully charged battery. You don't mention how long you have had the saw. What does "I have switched out the batteries" mean? If under 90 days return to HD for excange or refund. If over 90 days, take the saw, batteries and charger to a Ridgid service center.....Ray

Comment

I was told by Home Depot that it was the batteries and to bring the batteries and chargers back for exchange. I am skeptical of the sawzall and circular and may end up selling as if it is only cutting 1 or 2 2x8 is worthless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by cusack99 View Post
            I was told by Home Depot that it was the batteries and to bring the batteries and chargers back for exchange. I am skeptical of the sawzall and circular and may end up selling as if it is only cutting 1 or 2 2x8 is worthless to me.
            Mr Teacher.......I have to question if you read a single one of the comments posted in response to your original question. Although the number of responses was limited (1 day) virtually every respondee stated that something was probably wrong with the batteries. We stated that you should enjoy much greater performance than what you posted. Now you come back on and confirm that HD told you that there was a problem with the batteries and to bring them back for exchange. Then you close by indicating that nothing will be improved
            selling as if it is only cutting 1 or 2 2x8 is worthless to me
            without giving the solution a chance. Why did you waste the time of coming on the forum with this question in the first place?.....Ray

Comment

do not like the saw and recip saw, send them my way, i will pay your shipping.....i would not trade my circular saw for anything, a second one would be great, one on the ground and one on the roof when working. One on the job site one at home, a total win for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by stuart_canada View Post
                do not like the saw and recip saw, send them my way, i will pay your shipping.....i would not trade my circular saw for anything, a second one would be great, one on the ground and one on the roof when working. One on the job site one at home, a total win for me lol
                Try 7-1/4" 36v dewalt or 36v bosch with a 6-1/2 blade on it. It has 3x the runtime and 2x torque of any existing 18v circ saw.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
                  Try 7-1/4" 36v dewalt or 36v bosch with a 6-1/2 blade on it. It has 3x the runtime and 2x torque of any existing 18v circ saw.
                  Along with the 3x run time and twice the torque it also carries a $400 price tag. Roughly 4x times the price without a battery.

Bosch
                  http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=...Mozilla-search

Dewalt
                  http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=...Mozilla-search

just compare apples to apples

Kevin

Comment

Check your blade. I had the same problem a few months ago with my Ridgid 18V NiCad circ saw. I had the original blade still on it for most uses and switched it out with a sharper freud one I had purchased. Much better. Noticed afterwards that my stock blade was missing a couple of teeth which I'm sure caused much of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog View Post
                      Along with the 3x run time and twice the torque it also carries a $400 price tag. Roughly 4x times the price without a battery.

just compare apples to apples

Kevin

DC300 is ~$89.99-$119 online for bare tool from authorized dealers or even less on ebay. Bare tool 18v Ridgid is $129.99 or up because of HD exclusivity, $99-$120 on eBay.

Just don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
                        DC300 is ~$89.99-$119 online for bare tool from authorized dealers or even less on ebay. Bare tool 18v Ridgid is $129.99 or up because of HD exclusivity, $99-$120 on eBay.

Just don't.
                        Well, in fact there are six (as of 10:59pm est) Dewalt 300's listed on ebay ranging from $41.00 to $199.00. However, the current model of 36volt Dewalt the dc300k is priced at exactly what I posted earlier.

Maybe the dc300's are priced this way because of the safety recall.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/article.asp?ID=1507

Is the dc300 a discontinued model???? It is not showing up as a current tool on the Dewalt website best I can tell, unless I am missing something (which is possible, I don't proclaim to know it all)

http://www.dewalt.com/us/search/sear....asp?Site=core

I see no reason in being difficult here. I get great deals on old models of tools all of the time.

Kevin

Comment

I just purchased the 5 piece x3 combo kit. I tried out the circular saw on squaring off fence boards. With a fully charged new 3.0ah Lithium I get roughly 40 feet of constant cutting through 3/4 spruce.

Comment

Working...
                          X