RIGID 14.4 R830153 Variable Speed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIGID 14.4 R830153 Variable Speed?

My wife bought me this drill for X-mas couple years ago on clearance from Home Depot-must have been a return. I use it now and then but really didn't notice until recently that it is not variable speed. I thought all drills nowdays were. Is it just not on this model or is mine malfunctioning?

Re: RIGID 14.4 R830153 Variable Speed?

Originally posted by Rocky33 View Post
    I use it now and then but really didn't notice until recently that it is not variable speed
    If this is your drill:

Name:  4f6f45b33763e7e7b78bcf7f6fb7f6f4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  7.9 KB

14.4 Volt 1/2 in Drill-Driver
    R83015

Two Speed/Reversible

The manual for R83015 states variable speed switch

Comment

Yes, this drill has a variable speed trigger, and it is not uncommon for them to burn out. If it is only two years old it is covered under the three year warranty (with a receipt) or even better, if you registered the tool for the LSA it is covered under that. Simply take it to a Ridgid service center and they will fix you up.
      If you don't have either the receipt or LSA, but are handy changing out the trigger is fairly easy. .......Ray

Comment

Great drill, have one myself, I want another one exact same model but the Girlfriend, she calls her my purchasing manager, says 6 cordless drill like tools is enough or 5 too many. I do not understand, I know she is an accountant but did not know she could count and would know what a drill even looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
          If this is your drill:

Name:  4f6f45b33763e7e7b78bcf7f6fb7f6f4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  7.9 KB

14.4 Volt 1/2 in Drill-Driver
          R83015

Two Speed/Reversible

The manual for R83015 states variable speed switch

Thanks for the replies, I understand the speed switch, which changes the gear setting, but when I pull on the trigger, no matter the pressure, it's goes right to full speed, there is no controling the speed with the trigger.

Comment

sounds liek the trigger switch is done, time to get it repalced, take to a local service center and get a new one installed or order the part ..

Comment

Working...
            X