X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300 date code

i came across a ridgid tp1300 this saturday in a local HD and got a pretty good deal on it. the unit was new and unopened. the manager took off $75 and honored a 20% HF coupon and added another 10% competitive discount (net $205). my question concerns the date code. the serial number is BA 0641-83813. am i right that the 0641 refers to the 41st week of 2006 (october or november, 2006)?

also, just an observation. in unpacking this unit, the completeness and perfection of the packing of this older product was remarkable. it reminded me of the older gray model stationary tools i own where everything was properly labelled and complete. i've purhcased 5 combo kits, among other ridgid tools that post date the production takeover by OWT/TTI, and they were packed in a rather slipshod and somewhat careless manner. again, just an observation concerning a product that isn't part of a current production run.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: TP1300 date code

That would be my guess. My 2007-build jointers were labelled the same way. Im sure at one point their tools werent labelled that way, but that doesnt seem to be one.

I have a bigger question: where do you find this stuff? I was all proud because I was able to find DeWalt planers and a Ridgid cordless kit up in overhead.....much less an almost 4 yr old (2 models old now?) planer?

Color me impressed

Comment

thanks. i was just walking through a local HD and it was on a floor rack, with the R4330 planers, just under those printed displays for the ridgid, ryobi, dewalt, milwaukee, etc. tools. nice thing about it is that it comes with a leg set and the dust shroud can be hooked to a vac/DC on either side of the shroud. additinally, the shroud is held in place by 3 bolts rather than 2 on the 4330 adn there is a manual head lock next to the height adjustment wheel (not sure how the 4330 handles the head lock issue). some other forums have a "no pic, it didn't happen" thing, so here it is:

i had asked an ossociate to check the bar code, and they said it wan't on file (they manually entered the bar code, no scan). there was even a ridgid rep there who thougt they would "green tag" it. that would put the price totally up to the manager. unfortunately, the bar code for the 1300 was linked to the sku of the 4330, so when scanned, it came up $399. after some discussion, all concerned agreed to the above deal.
      Last edited by FINER9998; 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Cool. Its amazing what ends up tucked away in weird areas in these stores.

I actually found a display model of the 5000watt generator that was just on clearance for 299 (the clearanced one has a Subaru engine, the replacement which looks exactly the same has a Briggs engine). Again, the SKUs are the same, but I didnt even want to get into trying to have them mark down the display for me.

Comment

let's try this:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...04952478zgmoSg

Comment

Working...
          X