Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
X3 Set Discount Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • X3 Set Discount

    I was thinking of buying this $499 X3 18volt tool set which is marked down to $299. Only thing I would keep is the two batteries and the light probably.

    Guess I could sell the other tools on ebay. Lot of tools there already though.

    Was the X3 a Problem kit?

    Seem like a good deal?

    I'm still happy with my X2 kit and I bought a lithium drill recently so I have a charger for lithium.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: X3 Set Discount

    Originally posted by Tacman7 View Post
    I was thinking of buying this $499 X3 18volt tool set which is marked down to $299. Only thing I would keep is the two batteries and the light probably.

    Guess I could sell the other tools on ebay. Lot of tools there already though.

    Was the X3 a Problem kit?

    Seem like a good deal?

    I'm still happy with my X2 kit and I bought a lithium drill recently so I have a charger for lithium.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks
    I buy and sell tools for extra money, had a hell of a time getting rid of x3 tools. ebay has too many for cheap, and people on craigslist dont want to pay a decent price because of ebay. I think they are great tools, but bottom line I have RIDGID but sell Dewalt, most laborers have and buy dewalt.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: X3 Set Discount

      i've noticed the same thing. they all buy dewalt even though ridgid, with the LSA, would offer them lower long term equipment costs. what am i missing?
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: X3 Set Discount

        Im wondering if there is some unwritten warranty DeWalt has?

        An uncle of mine in the construction trade heard I suggest Ridgid tools and he just laughed. I brought up the battery warranty and he says his DeWalts have that too. I dont argue with Italian uncles so I let it go, but makes me wonder if DeWalt will help you out if you complain enough ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: X3 Set Discount

          Where is the X3 set marked down to $299 ?It is $499 at my local and online.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: X3 Set Discount

            Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
            Im wondering if there is some unwritten warranty DeWalt has?

            An uncle of mine in the construction trade heard I suggest Ridgid tools and he just laughed. I brought up the battery warranty and he says his DeWalts have that too. I dont argue with Italian uncles so I let it go, but makes me wonder if DeWalt will help you out if you complain enough ?
            The Dewalt service center I know of is very good, I only know about it because of the people I sell tools to. They dont need to send batteries back with a three month or 3 day wait, they are fixed or replaced on the spot. Simple supply and demand. They are in the majority of peoples tool boxes, and at almost every big box and specialty store, so the stuff is on hand.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: X3 Set Discount

              This is on the clearance shelf of my local HD.

              It was still there the other day, still talking myself into it...

              It says slow mover or something like that for the reason, so I would make sure everything is there and all first.

              I've been hesitating because I know I'll probably wind up selling a few items and keeping the rest.
              Still if I could sell $200 worth then it would mean I paid $100 for two batteries and a light which would be OK. Probably get the most for the impact.

              Or my other theory keep the X3 and sell my X2 as a package.

              Decisions decisions...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: X3 Set Discount

                There is one at my HD that is an open box, the tools are just in the bag. It looks like all the paperwork is there but the batteries are absent. I might ask if they just kept them behind the counter but if not $299 for the kit minus the batteries isn't a deal really. If it is with the batts and you can sign up for the LSA it would be worth it I think.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: X3 Set Discount

                  Originally posted by Tacman7 View Post
                  This is on the clearance shelf of my local HD.

                  It was still there the other day, still talking myself into it...

                  It says slow mover or something like that for the reason, so I would make sure everything is there and all first.

                  I've been hesitating because I know I'll probably wind up selling a few items and keeping the rest.
                  Still if I could sell $200 worth then it would mean I paid $100 for two batteries and a light which would be OK. Probably get the most for the impact.

                  Or my other theory keep the X3 and sell my X2 as a package.

                  Decisions decisions...
                  I would buy the x3 for 299, good deal, sell your other stuff, but thats me im an upgrader.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: X3 Set Discount

                    Based on the X3 power tool specs there are improvements over the X2 power tools in speed, torque and weight. Not sure what the market value of your older X2 will be but 299 seems interesting. I picked up non-X3 4pc Ridgid kit last month for 149 (drill, impact, light, fuego recip, compact batteries).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X