best pressure washer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best pressure washer

I just purchased the RD80763 3300psi pressure washer. The oil filling instructions are not clear to me. The reservoir is supposed to hold 20 ounces and come filled with 2 ounces of oil. The should accept the entire 18 oz bottle that comes supplied with the unit. However, it does not and there is roughly 2 to 3 ounces left over. Also, when checking the dipstick, do you screw the dipstick in completely to check the oil level or just push it in to where the threads contact the filler neck and check?

Thanks!

Comment

It's a "fill till spill" setup. IOW, oil should be about to spill out of the crankcase.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

www.robinamerica.com/media/manuals/128479338551584055.pdf

the proper way to check the oil is on a flat surface dip the dipstick without screwing it in. Oil level on the dipstick should be 1/2 way beween the two cross hatched areas. The engine owner's manual on the subaru website has the correct pictures. If you over fill the oil these engines espeically during break-in, they will smoke badly when oil goes out the breather hose into the intake. The EFI engine on the RD80702 and RD80805 includes only 12 ounces of engine oil shipped with the unit. 1/2 way up the dipstick until will elimiate the smoking.

Comment

doctordeere and wagonman13 thanks for the replies and the clarity. Rigid tools should use the pictures Subaru provides in its manuals.

Comment

I just used my RD80763 3300psi pressure washer today. I really like it, it's powerful and does the job. I did buy the POWER CARE Roto Blaster "Turbo Nozzle", the up to 4000psi model. I found this to not work very well. Is there a turbo nozzle that would work better for my machine? I live in the Pacific Northwest and spent the day cleaning the green, gooey North facing cement where I live. I used the 15 degree tip. The other tips may have worked fine, I just didn't try them.

Comment

hey fellows,
              i did purchase the 3000 psi pw from hd and very pleased with it so far.have used it about 6 hours so far and no problems.filled the motor oil like yall said and saved about 2 oz. in container worked out great the only thing i would like would be adjustable pressure.thanks again for all your advice.

thanks,
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X