X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best pressure washer

hello, I am new to the forum and i am going in the next couple of days to get one of the rigid pw either the 3000 or 3300.are ther any main diff.in the two,which one would you buy and why?i am just going to use around house and shop(non-commercial)

thanks for any info,
    Brian

Re: best pressure washer

Well, I've been researching the forums for a PW. There is a plethora of knowlege on this site. I've decided to purchase the 3300 Ridgid model 80702. Just waiting for a spring sale.

Beware that not all home depots carry this model. I live in albuquerque and only one of six stores carries this model.

I've researched subaru engines and they have rave reviews.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide
    Last edited by kev87124; 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Here is a review for the older model 3300.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ressure+washer

Comment

The most reliable, based on the failures I deal with every single day, is the RD80763.

The most powerful is the RD80702, but the EFI engine is new and still a tad buggy. Given time, it will work out just fine.

The worst of the lot is the RD80746. Has a cheap AR pump that is prone to premature failure.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

what is wrong with an A R pump? Any pump that is direct drive are usually about the same ,as long as they don't have an intergrated unloader valve.

Comment

The AR pump on that unit is a cheaply made axial cam pump. Like I said, it's prone to failure. The valves warp and fail, the unloader fails, the pump has a tendency to shear the bolts and blow apart. The other Ridgid units utilize Cat pumps which, although more expensive, are vastly more reliable.

Comment

Any axial pump is garbage. The only reliable cat pump is the 5cp3120 or an old 51 g. All Cat pumps are over priced and garbage. Since you have been in the field for so long I guess you remember the episode with the Cat 660 ann 56 pumps? Who ever you are buying this pressure washer is it for home use ? How often will it be used?

Comment

Brian,
                I've had the Ridgid 3000psi (California model) for about a year. I use it almost weekly for the cars and around the house. It has been reliable and failure free.

Comment

Doctordeere,

Please explain, about the bugs in the new EFI on the 80702?

thanks,

keep smiling!!!!!!!

Comment

There are three issues with the EX21 EFI engine. Two involve the fuel pump... one is an issue with the fuel pump cover where the nipple for the impulse hose attaches, which develops a crack and/or loose nipple that causes a loss of fuel pressure. Also, there is the placement of the impulse hose fiting on the cylinder head which can cause oil to fill the impulse hose that in turn causes a loss of impulse pressure. When that happens, the engine will not crank or run, or sometimes will run but runs like dog squeeze.

The third issue is the power coil that supplies voltage for the EFI. The coil fails and the engine won't run.

The fuel pump cover has been redesigned and current engines are built with the improved cover. The placement of the fitting on the cylinder head has also been worked out and will be implemented on future engines. Robin/Subaru hasn't said much about the power coil, but I imagine it will be an improved part in a running production change.

Comment

thanks guys for the input .the pw will maybe used once a week maybe i just want to get the one with the best reliability.i saw the 3300 had a
                      bigger engine and pneumatic tires and of course more pressure is that about the main differnce.3000 or 3300 will be plenty of power.again thanks for your time.The two models i was looking at were rd-80701 and rd-80702. Brian
                      Last edited by treerat chopper; 02-27-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finishline75 View Post
                        Any axial pump is garbage. The only reliable cat pump is the 5cp3120 or an old 51 g. All Cat pumps are over priced and garbage. Since you have been in the field for so long I guess you remember the episode with the Cat 660 ann 56 pumps? Who ever you are buying this pressure washer is it for home use ? How often will it be used?
                        I do agree on the axial cam but you are wrong on the CAT pump. Both my self and my brother use CAT for many years and no issues. You are the first person to have major complaints about CAT pumps. I do not know where you are getting your info from. Can you explain yourself?
                        There CS is excellent on any minor issues we have had.
                        AR pumps are good in their triplex line but not as durable as the CAT's.

On the engine issue, 1 word HondaGX if you want trouble free commercial engines. FI might be a better design but it is prone to more failures that are costly to fix and more complex to diagnose. Again we have many Honda GX's, no issues, some over 15 years old.
                        Last edited by Andrew M.; 03-06-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finishline75 View Post

Not the case as there are some really good, high quality axial/radial cam pumps made. I'm not talking about the ones you see on the $200-300 PWs either, as a decent axial cam pump cost about that much alone. Sure they might not be as efficient or long lasting as duplex or triplex pumps, but to say all of them are garbage is an idiotic statement. A newbie on this forum and already talking out of your a$$... Later!

Comment

Pumps aside. Also check the GPM rating when comparing. For home use a high 2-3+ gpm works well.

Comment

The efi system on these EX21 units is really a neat, simple system. Most of the issues are due to the oil being excessively overfilled. These engines need the oil at 1/2 way up the dipstick, (not full!) especially during break in. The manual is clear on this to put in only the oil that comes with the unit. With the oil overfull, the pulse fuel pump gets oil in it and the pulse pump does not work efficently. A little bit of 290 wicking loctite will take care of a loose pulse fitting or a small crack. There is even a service cd availiable so you can easily diagnose using a data port on the throttle body. Without the service cd and data cable, it is really easy to mis-diagnose a bad power coil.

Comment

Working...
                              X