X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer switch question ???

Bought a used jointer on ebay. Small craftsman. The person who sold it said they bought it used and thought it needed a new motor, but found out the switch was bad. Put a switch on it (temporary I guess) and the motor was fine. Sold it on ebay without a switch so I got it cheap. Now I need a switch. Should I go to an electrical supply store and buy a new style switch like you see on floor model tools with the large face so you can bump to turn off or something else?

Thanks,
    Craig
    Never outsmart your common sense

Re: Jointer switch question ???

Check out Rockler or similar places they sell complete after market switch units ..
    All you need to do is wire it up.
    Often they are on sale
    Be SAFE and get a proper switch!

Cactus Man

Comment

Re: Jointer switch question ???

Originally posted by Craig Moore View Post
      Bought a used jointer on ebay. Small craftsman. The person who sold it said they bought it used and thought it needed a new motor, but found out the switch was bad. Put a switch on it (temporary I guess) and the motor was fine. Sold it on ebay without a switch so I got it cheap. Now I need a switch. Should I go to an electrical supply store and buy a new style switch like you see on floor model tools with the large face so you can bump to turn off or something else?

Thanks,
      Craig
      Go to the Sears website and then to their parts site, they should have the switch listed, you just need the model number of the tool.

I have bought parts for tools over 20 years old, things like bearings, switches, motor brushes, etc. On most the price was very reasonable, maybe because the tools were older. And then again on other items they are beyond reason on their pricing. But either way you will be able to see what the original switch looks like and maybe get an idea of the source and then go right to them or find a comparable switch elsewhere.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X