Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do reconditioned tools have lifetime replacement?

do reconditioned tools have lifetime replacement on parts and batteries?

Re: do reconditioned tools have lifetime replacement?

Welcome!

Reconditioned tools generally have their own limited warranty.

Check out this attachment for more information:

Attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

Unless things have changed recently (don't believe they have), "reconditioned" tools, as well as those sold through non-authorized sale points, are NOT offered with the LLSA option. Also, even if you purchase from the Home Depot (the only authorized sale point that I know of) the LLSA is NOT automatic and you must properly register the tool to get the LLSA.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by su11931 View Post
        do reconditioned tools have lifetime replacement on parts and batteries?
        usually 1 year only

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
          usually 1 year only

Which may well be a "lifetime" if you've recently divulged future Ridgid product announcements that were supposed to be secret

CWS

Comment

I saw the X3 5 pcs combo set at home depot for $499. the sales guy said all ridgid product had lifetime replacement on batteries and parts. then i saw the same combo set reconditioned at homedepot.com for $339. I would buy the set reconditioned if i could get the lifetime replacement batteries. I dont understand why the reconditioned set wouldnt have the same lifetime replacement on batteries and parts. Ridgid should stand behind all there products.

Comment

FYI: Ridgid batteries purchased separately have the 3yr warranty but no LSA. Check out the file I attached a few days ago for additional information

Comment

Originally posted by su11931 View Post
                I dont understand why the reconditioned set wouldnt have the same lifetime replacement on batteries and parts. Ridgid should stand behind all there products.

Because the "reconditioned" set is used! And, that is why there is a significant price difference. It isn't a whole lot different than buying a new car with it's factory warranty and a used car with it's dealer warranty. Even factory certified, used cars don't have the same warranty as new ones.

Also, "reconditioned" is a label that Home Depot puts on certain tools that may or may NOT be "factory reconditioned" at all. Many of us have seen so-called "reconditioned" Ridgid tools that are absolutely filthy, dinged, and missing parts. They have never been returned to the factory and in many cases are nothing more than a swap-out from some guy who didn't take care of his tools.

True "Factory Reconditioned" tools are those that have been returned to Ridgid and have been inspected, repaired (if necessary), cleaned up and repackaged... then passed on to an authorized distributor of Ridgid/Ryobi "reconditioned" tools. I have seen such tools on the Ridgid web site, but have yet to see them in any stores. They do not qualify for the LLSA and are not billed as so. Likewise, they carry a separate warranty (not the Ridgid normal 3-year warranty).

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                X