Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt DC720KA and stucco

All:
    I have tried to drill through some stucco outside of my townhome by using a recently-bought DeWalt DC720KA 18V drill/driver. The bit doesn't seem to be able to go through. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Keith

Re: DeWalt DC720KA and stucco

Keith, are you using a masonary bit? What is behind the stucco? Does your drill hammer? Give us details.

Comment

Frank:
      That is what I am asking. What does a masonry bit look like? Can you either direct me to a web page that shows what one looks like; or, show a digital picture on this forum? Thank you.

Keith

Comment

Originally posted by keithdlee2000 View Post
        All:
        I have tried to drill through some stucco outside of my townhome by using a recently-bought DeWalt DC720KA 18V drill/driver. The bit doesn't seem to be able to go through
        The DW DC720KA is not a hammer drill and will not drill through concrete efficiently.

Comment

Keith, if your drill does not hammer, you got a problem even with a good masonry bit. You can find the right bit at any good building supply store, but if you are not familiar with exactly what you are drilling into it can get complicated. Stucco can be put over wire which it tacked onto wood, brick or concrete block. You must know what is also behind the stucco.

You may need to change bits, a masonry to penetrate the stucco and if there is wood underneath a wood bit for the finish. Buy or rent the right drill.

Comment

use a masonry bit, first, on stucco it should work even with out a hammer drill, but if you don't get any head way, take a punch and put in the hole and tap on the punch with a hammer and then drill some more until it stops and repeat until through the stucco, if all esle fails one can use a Star hand drill,

Attached Files
            Last edited by BHD; 03-06-2010, 12:11 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
            X