Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are all rigid 18V batteries crap?

Originally posted by Jboogie View Post
    Are the 18V batteries sold at Home Depot crap also?

Thanks.
    Of course they are!......Ray

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post

I know that they are American made and if your tool is warrantied I think you can get a new one,

No they are not. Molds are from China/Taiwan and cells are from Maple Ridge, BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
        Personally, I'm a 100% Milwaukee guy when it comes to cordless.

Don't think for an instant that Ridgid is the only brand having issues with LiIon batteries. Ryobi just recently went through a long-term backorder on their 18v LiIons and you should have seen the absolute FUBAR situation that Dewalt went through a few years back. It's just Ridgid's turn in the barrel.
        Ridgid, Ryobi and Milwaukee use the same cells in their 2.8/3 Ah batteries, essentially they are the same batteries (Newsflash!).

Also, the "FUBAR" with Dewalt never really happened, there was a few cases where people bought kits with overdischarged or defective batteries, it wasn't even their fault, it was A123's fault for shipping dead cells. Problem with Ridgid is mainly poor storage by HD (in cold, heat) and not selling them before they self-discharge, and of course back-orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jboogie View Post
          What good is a LSA if it takes 65 days every 6 months to receive 1 good battery?
          That's called "did you save a lot on that Ridgid kit"? Buy something else. I'm on your side and agree Tinmack is a major Goatse, but you have to calm down as well and realize these centers are nothing but a middleman and they don't really get anything out of processing your exchanges. If you think Ridgid did not deliver, call them directly, not yell at the mexican guy that has to do paperwork/shipping to make you happy again. Calm down man, it's not that bad. Find another center and go there. Bring your charger so you can test the battery right there. NEVER stick the battery right on the tool when you get it out of the package. I'm sure there is more than 1 place around.

Comment

Don't feel so bad JBoogie. I have bought 2 seperate Ridgid sets, and out of the 4 batteries 3 are bad ( the only reason i can't say 4 is because I cannot locate the 4th one, but it was failing at the time I lost it). I have bought both sets in the last year and a half, and plan on returning the first set I bought just to see what they say. As far as I am concerned my co-workers use Mikita, and never have problems. Looks like I know where my money will be spent in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
              Of course they are!......Ray
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X