reciprocating saw blades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reciprocating saw blades

there are a myriad of reciprocating saw blades on the market today.

Milwaukee, DeWalt, Ridgid, Bosch, generic etc. to name a few.

Let's say I'm looking at bi-metal general purpose blade 6" long with 6-12 teeth per inch.
    Nothing very fancy just a standard type blade. Let's assume the blade will fit a regular reciprocating saw..Ridgid, Milwaukee etc.

The blade color [paint] will vary by manufacturer, yellow, white, gray, etc.

So....other than the price variable what is the difference between brands? I have noticed a variance in the thickness of the blades from various manufactures but is that a very critical indicator of overall quality?

My experience is a bit limited but I have used Milwaukee, DeWalt, Ridgid, and harbor freight blades of various sizes and types. I have never broken a blade and I've never experienced any specific differences other than price....

Any insight would be helpful.

Cactus Man

Re: reciprocating saw blades

I'm not sure that many aren't the same manufacturer just labeled or painted differently.

I've tried different types of different brands and don't see enough of a difference to say buy this or that.

Buy by price and what common sense tells you for the job.

J.C.

Comment

I just looked at my stash of blades, Lenox, Blu-Mol and Milwaukee. I would buy from experience and trust what has worked for me. How do we know if all bi-metals are the same? I got a call from my buddy in Florida who was raving about DeWalt "Fire & Rescue" . He was using them to trim branches, but they are not pruning blades!

Last year I sold my corded Milwaukee SawsAll after twenty five years of occassional use. Great tool, but I have not used it much in the last several years and my 18volt Ridgid works fine for an occassional cut.

Aside from any slight differences between manufacturers, folks should know to use the right TPI for the job.

Comment

There is a huge difference in quality from what I see. When I want to cut something, that saw blade better perform. No bending, breaking or going dull on the first cut. I keep a big selection of sawzall blades and match them carefully to each cut. I don't think I even keep a general purpose blade in the box.

I mostly buy Lenox

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          There is a huge difference in quality from what I see. When I want to cut something, that saw blade better perform. No bending, breaking or going dull on the first cut. I keep a big selection of sawzall blades and match them carefully to each cut. I don't think I even keep a general purpose blade in the box.

I mostly buy Lenox
          I couldn't tell any difference between Milwaukee, Lenox, or Bosch with comparable teeth design that I've used.

Haven't used many DeWalts as I recall.

Have used the Milwaukee Fire/Rescue Ice Hardened (I think that's the names) with the wide height and was NOT impressed at all. Short life.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X