X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconditioned 3300 psi pressure washer

My local HD has a refurbished/reconditioned 3300 PSI PW RD87102 for $490.00. What are the pros/cons for refurbished? Its for home use.

The serial number sticker has been removed. How do I register it for the warranty? Plus, there is no box for an UPC. Any thoughts? There are holding it for me.....thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kev87124; 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM.

Re: Reconditioned 3300 psi pressure washer

Refurbished usually means it has been restored to like-new operating condition. That price seems OK, but I'd ask why it was reconditioned and also ask for a warranty if available. Later!

Comment

Re: Reconditioned 3300 psi pressure washer

You don't register it. You just save your receipt in case it needs to go in for service. Recon P/Ws typically have a 12 month warranty from TTI. If HD offers you a longer warranty, then you need to get it in writing and signed by a store manager.

Most P/Ws returned to HD are just fine. The purchaser has finished his project, so he has taken it back to the store for a refund. It's referred to as the "HD Free Rental Plan." Usually see it most on P/Ws, generators and paint sprayers.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Reconditioned 3300 psi pressure washer

I went to HD to purchase the PW. The manager advised that the PW comes as is and there is no warranty whatsoever. Home depot does not offer and extended warranty for reconditioned Ridgid products.

The serial number sticker was removed and void was left in its plate. An engraved reconditioned number was on the front plate. An obselete wrong model number owner's manual accompanied the PW.

The manager offered me $150.00 off a new one and purchased a new one. I did not feel comfortable with the reconditioned one. I tried calling ridgid, but they were closed. The manager even called other stores, concerning the warranty and couldn't give me a difinitive answer. I seriously considered going to Lowe's, but I like Ridgid.

Home depot's customer service is great, but knowledge of their products is lacking.

Comment

Working...
        X